Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've used a Korean essence for many years.  It was a first step after cleansing, but other treatment products went over it.  I never considered it to be a primer.

@JeanLouiseFinch I was hoping you saw this because I remember you talking about it.  I've tried a couple and still undecided.  It is a watery product and no way is it a primer.  At least not the ones I used.

@Shanus where did you read that it's a primer and developed in Europe?  Everything I've read, when researching it, indicates it is a step in your skincare routine for treatment and hydration.  Also it is Asian/Korean in origin.  A quick Google just now confirms that.  I searched Skin Essence Primer and nothing shows up that says anything about what you have stated. 

@Suebdoo. A French friend of mine said that women in France have been purchasing this in apothecaries for many years and using it as a primer before makeup. I assumed it originated there. It’s been a part of her mu/skincare routine for 30 yrs.

Honored Contributor

I swear by Laura Geller's Spackle. So far I haven't noticed a change in formula since she sold her company, but as soon as I do I'll move on to something else.

I wear Champagne. I love the little bit of candlelight it brings to my skin, no matter what I'm wearing over it. I do think it makes my foundation - any of them from tinted moisturizer to more coverage - look much better and smoother. Sometimes I just wear it by itself! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have used Skinn Skin Softening Essence for years but never thought of it as a primer. Rather I thought it was to keep my skin moist before applying my serums. Hmm you must let us know what you think.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I have used Skinn Skin Softening Essence for years but never thought of it as a primer. Rather I thought it was to keep my skin moist before applying my serums. Hmm you must let us know what you think.

@Tricolor   I personally feel it’s an unnecessary extra step in skincare. If your skin is that dry you feel it needs something “more”, change to a more hydrating moisturizer. Keep it simple.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've used a Korean essence for many years.  It was a first step after cleansing, but other treatment products went over it.  I never considered it to be a primer.

@JeanLouiseFinch I was hoping you saw this because I remember you talking about it.  I've tried a couple and still undecided.  It is a watery product and no way is it a primer.  At least not the ones I used.

@Shanus where did you read that it's a primer and developed in Europe?  Everything I've read, when researching it, indicates it is a step in your skincare routine for treatment and hydration.  Also it is Asian/Korean in origin.  A quick Google just now confirms that.  I searched Skin Essence Primer and nothing shows up that says anything about what you have stated. 

@Suebdoo. A French friend of mine said that women in France have been purchasing this in apothecaries for many years and using it as a primer before makeup. I assumed it originated there. It’s been a part of her mu/skincare routine for 30 yrs.

@Shanus that's interesting.  I'm thinking though that what she is calling essence, isn't the same as Asian or Korean essence, which is watery and one of the 1st steps in a skincare routine....thinnest to thickest. Primers are normally the last step, after skincare products and sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Shanus that's interesting.  I'm thinking though that what she is calling essence, isn't the same as Asian or Korean essence, which is watery and one of the 1st steps in a skincare routine....thinnest to thickest. Primers are normally the last step, after skincare products and sunscreen.

@Suebdoo  Don’t shoot the messenger...just passing along her info.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Suebdoo  Don’t shoot the messenger...just passing along her info.

@Shanus LOL well I figured I should say something because if anyone tried to use any of the essence on the market today, as a primer, they would be disappointed.  Plus,using it as a primer and not one of the 1st steps in their skincare routine, they will not be getting the benefits of the product.