New Contributor
Please. I need a product that definite tops frizz in high humidity. I have tried so many products but nothing works. Can anybody recommend anything for me??
New Contributor

Respected Contributor

KERATIN HEALING OIL HAIR TREATMENT

@angeldoren I use this all the time and feel it is the best. I apply it either before I blow dry or before I flat iron.

Valued Contributor

I have thick wavy kinky curly hair and I use Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Style Cream

Trusted Contributor

@angeldoren 

Humidity does a number on my hair too. Tried a lot of products and I found Panteen's Smooth helps tremendously.

86BDA82B-A391-454E-B804-419B174AEE16.jpegD99FAD32-E50E-4DF0-B82C-94EBCF2267F9.jpeg

⚓️
Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

KERATIN HEALING OIL HAIR TREATMENT

@angeldoren I use this all the time and feel it is the best. I apply it either before I blow dry or before I flat iron.

I first spray Revlon Uniq One all over and then use a few drops of this oil.  Works like a charm.

Honored Contributor

@angeldoren wrote:
Please. I need a product that definite tops frizz in high humidity. I have tried so many products but nothing works. Can anybody recommend anything for me??

@angeldoren   Frizz is usually dry hair sucking in moisture from the environment. When you coat the hair w/ oils or other silicone products, you prevent your hair from getting it's own natural moisture. While that may be a temporary fix, you'll need a sulfate shampoo frequently to remove the buildup or any conditioning products can't get through to your hair. 

I'd start by eliminating any "cones" in hair products & use a deep conditioner a few times a week. If you check the list of Curly Curl Approved Products, all those w/o silicones and sulfates (also drying) are there. You don't need curly hair to have frizz. 

It's also important to use a heat protectant before a blow dryer or any hot styling tools.

Respected Contributor

Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep. You can read reviews on Nordstrom website - They also have a shampoo and condioner, for humidity protection Aveda is the best I have found for a solution.

Honored Contributor

Dreamcoat by Color Wow

Honored Contributor

Not to belabor my point, but I was born with a head full of very tight curls. From day one of nursery school, frizz was an issue. It went all through my school years and college with frizz until I became an aesthetician. That's where I learned about conditioning the hair, adding moisture, not coating it with silicone products that is a temporary fix and is not removed by the sulfate free shampoos (non-drying) we should be using.

Silicones are only removed by clarifying shampoo that strips the hair of styling products (and hair color if you dye it) which I do once a month before an additional deep conditioning treatment. Frizz, again is dry hair seeking moisture from the air. It causes the hair shaft to swell. 

***As I've gotten older and learned to care for my curls, they've loosened and become more manageable.