Honored Contributor

I have noticed that makeup websites have been running sales to entice us. I think the makeup industry must have taken a big hit due to Covid-19. I would think sales of lip products must be way down, since most of us wear masks (mandatory), why bother to wear lipstick ( case in point QVC has a Bobbi Brown lip gloss duo for $30 normally I would be all over this)?  I adore makeup, I haven't bought anything in a long time, most days I wear sunscreen and my mask.

Esteemed Contributor

Foundation as well. When i go out either to the office or just running around with my errands. I only put on Mascara and I do my eyebrows. 

Honored Contributor

I still wear lipstick/gloss for when I get to the place I am going to and can take my mask off.  We can now go to restaurants where I am and you can take off your mask when you are seated.  

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 - I agree.  Before this, I would rarely leave the house without a little lipstick. 💗

Honored Contributor

Re: Just An Observation

[ Edited ]

I don’t wear makeup around the house so not using much since I’ve been at home a lot. I still use my tinted SPF, eye makeup, & lip balm with my mask when I have to go out. I haven’t used lip gloss or lipstick in months. 

Esteemed Contributor

It might be more an issue with foot traffic.  My credit cards bills have been eye popping low lately.  I am getting quite a list of stuff I need, but have not dealt with.

Respected Contributor

Even though I have been retired for 8 1/2 years, I always continued to do makeup everyday because I just like doing it. Well with the shutdown I became very lazy about it. Now that we have to wear masks everywhere I just haven't got back into the groove on doing much if any. When I do wear makeup I really miss wearing lipstick. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The cosmetic industry should be thankful for the Internet or they would be filing bankruptcy.  A lot of women shop by Internet alone (I am one of them) and yes, there are more sales which is a good thing.  I still wear makeup -- a light foundation that is sweatproof so it does not get on the mask, a little mascara, a little blush and I wear lipstick in the car because I don't have my mask on (I love lipstick).  I am not going to a let a mask stop me from feeling good.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

The cosmetic industry should be thankful for the Internet or they would be filing bankruptcy.  A lot of women shop by Internet alone (I am one of them) and yes, there are more sales which is a good thing.  I still wear makeup -- a light foundation that is sweatproof so it does not get on the mask, a little mascara, a little blush and I wear lipstick in the car because I don't have my mask on (I love lipstick).  I am not going to a let a mask stop me from feeling good.   Cat Very Happy

I agree @Katcat1 . Belk's, if you have one or can go online has 20% off & free ship on ALL beauty through July 1st. The cosmetics/skincare companies have, are and will take a big hit. Even as people go to stores, w/o testers available and more personalized help at counters, many women will stay almost makeup free under their masks.

BTW, I do wear tinted spf and tinted moisturizer (mask is pulling moisture out of my skin really badly, lips,too), eye makeup, brows, cream blush and lip pencil/lip balm or lipstick blotted. Masks are washed anyway, so what if it gets on the inside. I'm in the car, getting in and out without a mask and way too fair to not add color/definition to my face. When not going out, I've amped up my skincare routine. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Tonight I treated myself.  First I washed my face with the Keratoplast cleanser by Mario Badescu.  Then I applied a Flower & Tonic mask (something I rarely do) and then toner and moisturizer by Mario.  I feel wonderful.

kindness is strength