Honored Contributor

FOUND PRODUCT FOR NAILS WITH RIDGES

Purchased this and did my nails. Used on bare nails, then Hard As Nails and finished w/ Sally Hansen Gel Top Coat (black bottle).E00FA97B-6973-41EA-B1FE-E0DE4500B89B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: FOUND PRODUCT FOR NAILS WITH RIDGES

I use a clear base coat that does the same thing. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

is this an older product, it is not listed on the Essie site, and I do think it contains formaldehyde. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found it listed on their site. Did you include the hyphen in "smooth-e" when you looked? It's not older, it's new-ish. I a review from 2019.

It's $10 on their site, so I can't link it here because it's sales site.

Essie didn't list the ingredients, but Ulta did: Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tributyl Citrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Talc, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Citric Acid, Polyethylene, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol. May Contain: Ci 60725 / Violet 2.

Regular Contributor

@Shanus 

Your nails look so nice! Thanks for the suggestion.

Contributor

Thank you so much for this information. I am trying to let my nails go natural. I bought some products from QVC and I hope they will help my nails. 

Regular Contributor

I have the same problem and I found this on QVC 

Adesse New York Age Defying Brightening Base Coat

Great reviews and it really works.  

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

I found it listed on their site. Did you include the hyphen in "smooth-e" when you looked? It's not older, it's new-ish. I a review from 2019.

It's $10 on their site, so I can't link it here because it's sales site.

Essie didn't list the ingredients, but Ulta did: Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tributyl Citrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Talc, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Citric Acid, Polyethylene, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol. May Contain: Ci 60725 / Violet 2.

Thanks, I found it now by typing in the name, but it does not come up under their base coat products. The tosylamide is what concerns me. 

Honored Contributor

@Forbidden Fruit wrote:

@Shanus 

Your nails look so nice! Thanks for the suggestion.

@Forbidden Fruit   I have to keep them short. First product that evened out ridges on thumbs from filing metals.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   When I saw this thread the first thing that came to mind was Essie.   A few years back Essie had a Ridge Filler that was an off white shade and it was wonderful.  Looks like they changed it.  Essie has the best light pinks and whites.

kindness is strength