Honored Contributor

As seasons change, yesterday I had my deep cleansing facial, TCA acid peel and full body check for any precancerous moles, etc.

Staying home through the weekend, most likely, since my face, neck and chest will be pink, tight and begin to flake. I don't want to apply sunscreen, just the appropriate hyaluronic cream and ointments to keep skin moist. When healed, soft and clear as a baby's tushy and it feels like a fresh start for good skincare. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - How often do you do the TCA peels?  Do you have it done or do it yourself?  How many days does it take for all the peeling?    Just curious. 

Honored Contributor

Re: FALL FACIAL YESTERDAY

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus  - How often do you do the TCA peels?  Do you have it done or do it yourself?  How many days does it take for all the peeling?    Just

Good Morning @San Antonio Gal . I have the peel about every 4-5 months. I could do it myself, but would rather the derm apply the acid, so I can keep my eyes closed...no chance of dripping. My skin stays pink (and tight/flaky) for 4-6 days, so always try to plan it for a Thursday and hunker down for the weekend. There are different percentages. I stay with several passes of 13% since my skin is so fair and although not sensitive, hyperpigmentation can be a side affect. It stays on 3-5 minutes until looks somewhat frosty, if not, she does another pass...3 passes yesterday, my usual. It's not a great look until at least Sat., but usually let it heal until Monday. At that point, my skin's still pink (like a sunburn...although I can just imagine since never had a sunburn Lol), but can mostly be covered w/ concealer in strategic areas..a new concealer, right out of the box to prevent any infection. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I didn't address the flaking. It first feels quite tight. Then spots turn darker and begin to flake by second day. I assume everyone is different and which percentage is applied. Must keep hands off and the after treatment moisturizers (given by derm) keep areas less itchy. Flaking can continue for 4 days.