Honored Contributor

I am 65...green eyes.  I need something to give my eyes some life.  I use a black liner (very thin line) and mascara.  I have tried EVERYTHING to get my lashes to curl, they no longer will curl...I have used several different curlers as well as heated curlers, and a waterproof mascara.  When I was young I had no problem getting the curler to work.  Curled lashes open up the eye.

Can someone give me an idea of what I can do...do I need a different color liner?  I do not want to use eye shadow, I have tried to use it, but it's just not my thing.

thanks

Valued Contributor

Try a thicker eyeliner (like Laura Gellar Kajal eyeliners) in plum or bronze. Also also try a "curling"  mascara.  There are quite a few on the market.

Honored Contributor

I have green eyes like you and I find a nice plum or aubergine color to work well. I had to give up the black liner years ago because it started looking too harsh. 

Honored Contributor

I am 67, I never use liner on top lid, only on bottom, never use stark black, try a charcoal shade instead or a plum, or navy. 

Honored Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

Try a thicker eyeliner (like Laura Gellar Kajal eyeliners) in plum or bronze. Also also try a "curling"  mascara.  There are quite a few on the market.

I had no idea there was a 'curling' masacra....I'll look for one.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I have a couple of suggestions.  First of all, Clinique has very nice eyeliners that are waterproof that are the least expensive compared to Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc.  Brown would be an excellent color for your green eyes and also navy blue.  However, with the navy blue, I would take the liner and dot it between the upper lashes.  There is a name for this but I forgot what it is.  I am 70 years old so give me a break.  LOL  Doing the eyeliner this way opens the eye but the color is not that noticeable but you receive the benefits of the color.  Navy will really bring out the green in your eyes.  You could also get away with a dark gray too.  You can also lightly smudge liner below the lower lashes.  I did this the other day and it looked very natural.  Black is too harsh as we age.

Try a curling mascara.  Check out Clinique, Stila, Bobbi Brown.  Even check out a curling mascara by Maybelline at the drugstore.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Eyeliner help

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs @Shanus Is an encyclopedia regarding grooming an makeup.  She'll probably be able to help you.

I sometimes look at the top blogger Nicole Johnson.  You will have to go in from your youtube to subscribe to her.  Be sure to click on the bell.  She has a strong education in areas that encompasses skincare and makeup.  Not someone who just likes it as a hobby.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhS2wb4EgcjdwPG-g6z3dg

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 Thanks for the advice..while I don't think the black looks harsh because I use a really thin line..I need to do something different in the eye area.  Once my lashes quit curling years ago my eyes just look tired...even tho I put on make up every day.

I have never used or like shadow..to much trouble to get it right, in my opinion.  I like the look on other people just not me.

I guess I will be doing a little beauty shopping!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I have heard many makeup bloggers say when you step back from black, try grey.

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Katcat1 Thanks for the advice..while I don't think the black looks harsh because I use a really thin line..I need to do something different in the eye area.  Once my lashes quit curling years ago my eyes just look tired...even tho I put on make up every day.

I have never used or like shadow..to much trouble to get it right, in my opinion.  I like the look on other people just not me.

I guess I will be doing a little beauty shopping!

Urban Decay has a beautiful plum liner that would be perfect for you.  It's called "Rockstar".  I have brown eyes and it really is pretty.  Plum offsets green eyes and would be lovely on you!