Honored Contributor

You're a great pupil @vermint. For a wonderful and easy to follow tightlining video, Wayne Goss came out w/ a brand new one" Tightlining" in the last few few days. Great to watch if anyone's interested in giving it a try. For now can give it a shot w/ a sharp eye liner pencil...smudges don't matter. It's just practice. 

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003   Thanks for the eye color. The idea of liner is  to make lashes look thicker and define the eye, as I said. Using dark brown or navy between top lashes is close to lash color (mascara) without using black. For brown eyes, stay with something light underneath the eye like anything in the plum family or bronze or just light brown, medium taupe/beige. Going for definition, not really obvious color. Can also try to place color between bottom lashes instead of under. If you don't have a liner in those shades, you can use eye shadow. I prefer to wet the shadow and a use a fine brush to help get in there between lashes. No smears like below lash line. 

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003   Some plums and purples do have red tones. To combat that, try mixing in a little grey to "muddy" it. Mixing plums w/ beige before application will also help.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I always use 2 different colors.  I have dark undereye circles so I like a lighter color under my eyes.

I typically wear an plumb, aubergine or raisin color on my top lid.  Right now I am using Sephora brand liner in Love Affair on top and then underneath I alternate between Starry Sky or a bronze shimmer, also by Sephora, or Wildside by Urban Decay. 

@Lipstickdiva Is the Sephora liner a liquid, pencil, or what?

Respected Contributor

I tightline  my upper eye with black and I use bronze,brown or navy blue on my lower lid and I use shadow as it gives it a softer look. Plus I never even liked eyeliner I never found one that went on smooth and  I don't like the straight line look. I have dark brown eyes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eyeliner advice

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I always use 2 different colors.  I have dark undereye circles so I like a lighter color under my eyes.

I typically wear an plumb, aubergine or raisin color on my top lid.  Right now I am using Sephora brand liner in Love Affair on top and then underneath I alternate between Starry Sky or a bronze shimmer, also by Sephora, or Wildside by Urban Decay. 

@Lipstickdiva Is the Sephora liner a liquid, pencil, or what?

@Icegoddess, it's a pencil.  The bronzey shade I use (I can't remember the color), is a retractable liner which I really like.  The other ones I have to sharpen but I like the colors so much I just deal with it.