Respected Contributor

I've been using a lash growth product for four months and although I'm pleased with the added length, my lashes seem to be growing in different directions. I've always used an eyelash curler before applying mascara because my lashes are straight but now, with my unruly (longer) lashes, it has become more difficult  (and time consuming) to achieve a good look. I'm wondering if an eyelash perm would help. Have any of you ever tried this?  Any thoughts? TIA

Honored Contributor

Well I've learned something new!  I looked it up and it's a real thing but I sure wouldn't do it.  I have used an eyelash curler since the early 60's and can do it really quickly and well.

I'd be afraid to put any kind of chemicals so close to my eye.

Here's a website on the procedure:

http://www.today.com/style/eyelash-perms-bigger-brighter-eyes-no-makeup-required-t74201

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse I have been getting this for a while because my eyelashes grow in different directions too and even when using a lash curler, they wouldn't always cooperate and get in there. 

I LOVE THIS! I don't have to use a lash curler at all and I also get mine tinted too as Lisa does. 

I am an esthetician and I have had so many different beauty treatments over the years and this is the absolute best one I have had. 

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/16137/lash-lift-treatment/#.WHg-afkrKCg

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201

Do you still use mascara?

Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201

Also, how often do you get it done?

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

Do you still use mascara?

@Texasmouse many times I do not. The lash tint is really great and I do have long lashes already and with this service it really makes my lashes appear longer just because it get the lashes going up and they stay that way. Even the lashes that did make it into my eyelash curler, they don't stay that way for the whole day or even for hours. I don't know why because they never used to do it, but many of my lashes are growing down actually.

I do wish I took a before and after myself.

If I am going out I do still apply mascara because I like it for the volume it adds.

Here are some pics. None have mascara on, just the lift and the tint so you can get an idea of what both the lift and tint do together. Just having them all going in one direction (up) really makes them look longer even though they aren't.

Image result for lash lift before and after

This last picture from top to bottom is: first is before treatment, second is after treatment no mascara and third is after with mascara.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

Also, how often do you get it done?

They recommend 6-8 weeks @Texasmouse but I usually can do it every 3-3 1/2 months, sometimes 4. I notice in the winter I can do 4. The girl who does mine who is a friend of mine says it really does vary between individuals. 

JFK
Honored Contributor

Re: Eyelash perm

[ Edited ]

Truly, no offense to anyone, but the concept of an eyelash perm is among the most ridiculous things I have ever heard... Utterly unbelievable...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyelash perm

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Truly, no offense to anyone, but the concept of an eyelash perm is among the most ridiculous things I have ever heard... Utterly unbelievable...

Not ridiculous at all @stevieb, especially for people who have eyelashes that grow down and constantly get into their eyes. Even for people who don't want to wear mascara every day. Many Asians love this.

It isn't as if you are sitting there with tiny little perm rods in. They make for a very noticeable difference and I would not be without it. 

I don't know how you say truly no offense in one breath and then call it ridiculous and unbelievable in another. If you don't want to get it done, great but you absolutely ARE putting others down when you use the words you did and the only thing that is ridiculous and unbelievable is that you don't know that.

JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Not ridiculous at all @stevieb, especially for people who have eyelashes that grow down and constantly get into their eyes. Even for people who don't want to wear mascara every day. Many Asians love this.

It isn't as if you are sitting there with tiny little perm rods in. They make for a very noticeable difference and I would not be without it. 

I don't know how you say truly no offense in one breath and then call it ridiculous and unbelievable in another. If you don't want to get it done, great but you absolutely ARE putting others down when you use the words you did and the only thing that is ridiculous and unbelievable is that you don't know that.

@Irshgrl31201 You are absolutely and without equivocation free to have your perspective... and to perm your eyelashes... And the other side of that coin is that I'm free to have my point of view... At times, we all think choices made by others are ridiculous. If those actively making those choices feel 'put down' by expressed opinions different from theirs, that's on them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...