Super Contributor
Have you tried any of her products? What are your opinions? I'm mainly considering Glow Time BB Cream and either the setting powder or mineral pressed powder. I'd probably choose the mineral powder because it could serve double duty....both a setting powder and light makeup on its own. My Nordstrom doesn't carry it in-store so I've never actually looked at it or felt it.
Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Jane Iredale

I bought the pressed mineral powder a few years ago and my face looked like a disco ball.  It was too shiney for me.  I do have oily skin but it was shiney from the start. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the pressed powders very much.  The eye shadow was nothing special.  Did not care for the liquid foundation.

Honored Contributor

I tried Jane Iredale 10 plus years ago when I found out it was THE makeup used on the cast of As The World Turns. The lead makeup artist was fielding questions and the #1 question asked was product gives the cast that creamy/perfect look to their face. Jane Iredale was the reply.

Many blog articles of those who use it and love said that the finish gives that peaches and cream complexion and that's exactly how the skin of the cast looked (even if they had bad skin). Off I went to try it.

It was ok but nothing great. It was also too yellow for me. Nothing in the line wowed me. Family member of mine LOVES it and is all she uses (everything in the line) and again, those that use it all love it. I think it's an all or nothing: really love it or don't like it at all.

Adding: Her line was one of the mineral lines out there. Now, there are so many that her products seem old and out of date. Then again, for many, the formulation having NOT changed is why it works for them. If you can find a salon/studio near you, have someone do your makeup using the products; great way to see what you think.: )

Trusted Contributor

Love the brushes, just got for my birthday Tuesday I turned 60..........the fan brush and I am going to use it for highlighing and I love her eye liner but hate the lipsticks........I do like the lip brown sugar and color at the end to sluff off dead skin on my lips but that is all I use now as I am into TOO FACED and IT.............Her foundations were never good on me and I just don't think her products are top quality but she does have some pretty lip glosses. 

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Love the brushes, just got for my birthday Tuesday I turned 60..........the fan brush and I am going to use it for highlighing and I love her eye liner but hate the lipsticks........I do like the lip brown sugar and color at the end to sluff off dead skin on my lips but that is all I use now as I am into TOO FACED and IT.............Her foundations were never good on me and I just don't think her products are top quality but she does have some pretty lip glosses. 

Happy Birthday!! I tried her lip gloss and bronzer in the past and really liked both of them.......I am not a big bronzer person anymore, and there is no place around me that sells her line to see shades up close! I believe she is on Evine now!

Honored Contributor

One of her mascaras is my all time go to.  

I could not find a color match in any of her cc's or light foundations, but I am hard to match.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@DowntonAbbey oh yes, I agree with you about the brushes.  Very good.  

Respected Contributor

@StillRachBI have used some of her products for many years. Love the pressed powder. A must-have is her "handi brush". I use the "Just-kissed" lipsticks and "Lip Drink" balm.

My beauty shop sells it and can always try her new products.

Esteemed Contributor

Jane Iredale is ok. Back in the 90s when when a lot of us were hypnotized by mineral makeup and thought we had to have mineral makeup in our collection I tried it.  Iredale to this day is not readily available in department stores, but in cities like Chicago you can find it in esthetician salons and some independent beauty shops.  My opinion was the colors were ok for me, but I wasn't overwhelmed by the makeup.  I never became devoted to the brand.  The only products I have purchased over the years have been one time purchases of items I picked up here and there.