Respected Contributor

Oh to have eyebrows, sigh.  I can count the number of hairs in both my brows on one hand.  I look like a light bulb.  I've struggled for years to find the best product.  I considered tattooing but had skin cancer in the area and was told the ink would spread unevenly.

Thicker eyebrows do seem to be in fashion.

Trusted Contributor

I had my eyebrows microbladed early last year.  I have them re-freshed every six months.  Best thing I have ever done.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I guess I was not paying much attention.  Lately there have been lots of eyebrow products. And I am starting to notice the hosts, vendors, gals on the news, celebrities.... who have well colored and well shaped eyebrows. Is this a new trend or one I just simply ignored and didn't see.

I have silver hair, light skin, green eyes and brown eyebrows.  I tried to "color" my eyebrows the other day and it just didn't look quite right... too dark and seemed to take away from my eyes and my normal expressions. 

Need advice. Are the eyebrows IN.  I do line my eyes with dark eyeliner and color my lashes.  

@bonnielu   Yes, brows are a big deal and the wrong, overdone brows are on their way out. I have the same coloring as you. My brows are naturally thick, dark w/ only 1 or 2 grey ones mixed in. I had never in 69 years had them professionally “done”. Last year I took the plunge and had them shaped...very slightly...and shown how to fill in any bare areas w/ a taupe pencil. Even though it’s lighter than the brow hair, it just creates a shadow effect on the skin under the brow hair. This doesn’t make them look darker, just more “finished”. I use the IT Universal Brow Pencil. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthewsI have been thinking about microblading because my tails have disappeared.  I have decent hair for about 2/3 of the eyebrow, tho I  would love to make thicker.  I am concerned that microblading would cause the hair I have to go.  Would you share your experience?

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

You might be noticeing ther eyebrows more because a lot of people are microblading there eyebrows these days. I don't but I have noticed a lot of people have been doing this. I have dark brown hair and black eyebrows (which I hate) but I don't know how to make them a lighter color. I cover my grays in my brows with a wand for eyebrows.

@cuddlesmama   Brows can be bleached a shade lighter w/ the bleach used to do mustaches or sideburns (found in drugstores...Sally Hansen, Jolen, etc.). Leave it on for only 1 minute and remove. Look to see it’s a shade you like. You can always reapply for another for another 30 seconds. You really only want a shade lighter to look natural. Of course, your hair stylist can do it, too.

Honored Contributor
My brows went “white” years ago and until recently dyed them. Never a need to tweeze. My hairdresser snips the longer hairs. I wear glasses with rather “bold” frames and I like the white brows barely showing above the frame.
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  I have the Grande lash serum on it's way to me from Sephora.  My first try with  it.  Should be here today or tomorrow.  When I was young my brows were too thick and a lot darker than my hair.  They never had a good shape.  Now that I'm old, they are so much thinner and the tails are either gone or mostly light hair.  I use a brow pencil in taupe.  I started getting them shaped and waxed at a salon years ago.  I don't have to go very often now as they grow so slow.   I never have had "good" brows.

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I had my eyebrows microbladed early last year.  I have them re-freshed every six months.  Best thing I have ever done.

@sashamatthews . Is it painful?

Respected Contributor

Personally,  I don't like the trend of the over done, really thick, drawn on looking brows.  When the brows are the first and only thing I see on the face, it's too much.

Honored Contributor

Just out of curiosity, how do you get that severe straight line on the inside edge?  I see it all over now, especially in magazine ads.  That rule about starting at the inner corner of the eye seems to have gone out the window.  Some of these brows start a good quarter inch towards the nose.  Personally I use Benefit's pencil, very close to It and YBF.  My brows have almost totally disappeared.