Honored Contributor

Eyebrow Tinting - Made an appointment - Now I'm scared to go and do it!

I made an appointment to get my eyebrows tinted and now I am scared and don't know if I should do it!

I have such sensitve skin I am afraid I will get a reaction from the dye!

Anyone who has had this done in a salon ever get a reaction from the dye???

I have really pale, patchy eyebrows and you can hardly see them.  I have tried many times to use products--- pencils, powders, etc. but I can't get it right at all!

Not to mention there is no shape to them!  I recently got them waxed but I see not much difference to them!

I have read here that a lot of women tint their own using various products but I'm afraid these products will be too strong and also that I will make a mess of my eyebrows!

Anyone have any input???   Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyebrow Tinting - Made an appointment - Now I'm scared to go and do it!

[ Edited ]

Ask the salon  if they do  a  "  recommended allergy patch test before applying the eyebrow tint to her face " .

Have you used the tinted eyebrow gel  ? That works  as well  and you can control how dark or light and which hue  suits you best  since it just goes on the eyebrow hairs . Lancome has a good product .

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I made an appointment to get my eyebrows tinted and now I am scared and don't know if I should do it!

I have such sensitve skin I am afraid I will get a reaction from the dye!

Anyone who has had this done in a salon ever get a reaction from the dye???

I have really pale, patchy eyebrows and you can hardly see them.  I have tried many times to use products--- pencils, powders, etc. but I can't get it right at all!

Not to mention there is no shape to them!  I recently got them waxed but I see not much difference to them!

I have read here that a lot of women tint their own using various products but I'm afraid these products will be too strong and also that I will make a mess of my eyebrows!

Anyone have any input???   Thanks! 

@AngelPuppy1   I use JUST FOR MEN, the one for mustaches and beards in Blonde...a little more like taupe. I've had no issues with it being too irritating or strong on my skin. It says to leave it on for 5 minutes, but I use wet cotton pads to wipe it off after 3 minutes. It's easy to apply, comes with a bigger brush that's clumsy, so I use a spoolie or you can use an old, clean mascara wand. 

Respected Contributor

my hair stylist, that i've gone to for 30yrs., tints them for me. he uses the same potion that he uses on my hair-so no reactions. I have some grey hairs that are resistant to pencils, gels and powders. i too, have sensitive skin, especially to fragrances. I take a claritin if i think i'm having/going to have, an allergic reaction, to something.

go to the appointment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 @10sluvr  @Shanus  @skatting44 

When I have had mine done in the past, the hairdresser did it, using the near formula she used for my hair but that was rare that I ever used a cosmetologist to do my hair since I have been coloring my own hair since I was 12 years and liked doing it, and I used a combination of colors on my hair and my eyebrows.

They do and will grow out quickly.  I say take the advice of the hair color for men. I have very thick eyebrows and they are about the same color now as my medium color gray hair and I like that.  They are thick enough to show up but not so dark they look "funny" with my gray hair and fairer skin.  My best asset in my whole physical make up is that God gave me good hair, both on my face and my head.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 @10sluvr  @Shanus  @skatting44 

When I have had mine done in the past, the hairdresser did it, using the near formula she used for my hair but that was rare that I ever used a cosmetologist to do my hair since I have been coloring my own hair since I was 12 years and liked doing it, and I used a combination of colors on my hair and my eyebrows.

They do and will grow out quickly.  I say take the advice of the hair color for men. I have very thick eyebrows and they are about the same color now as my medium color gray hair and I like that.  They are thick enough to show up but not so dark they look "funny" with my gray hair and fairer skin.  My best asset in my whole physical make up is that God gave me good hair, both on my face and my head.

@Nonametoday   My stylist also tinted brows when my hair was colored, but I don't color my hair now, so on my own with the brow issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

my hair stylist, that i've gone to for 30yrs., tints them for me. he uses the same potion that he uses on my hair-so no reactions. I have some grey hairs that are resistant to pencils, gels and powders. i too, have sensitive skin, especially to fragrances. I take a claritin if i think i'm having/going to have, an allergic reaction, to something.

go to the appointment.

Good suggestion . My hair stylist does the same  in mixing custom colors for many of her clients . Would recommend  using 25-50 mg  Benadryl  if you think you are having an allergic reaction . Claritin is not ususally used  for allergic reactions .

Respected Contributor

If you have colored your hair previously with no reaction I think you will be fine to do your eyebrows.

I color my brows myself with the Just For Men moustache & beard product.  I apply it with a q-tip or spoolie brush.  My skin is never irritated. Good luck, I'm sure your coloring with go smoothly,

Honored Contributor

I had it done a while back and I had no problems what so ever.  They did a good job and my gray and blond hairs showed for a change.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Shanus , I also have issues with color staying on my brows. With the Just for Men, does that stay good for awhile once it's opened or is it one use only and toss out the remainder?