Honored Contributor

ISO a Very Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner

Something that I can get at WM.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: ISO a Very Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner

[ Edited ]

Following this, I've bought so many S and C "for dry hair" that hydrate your hair at first and then your hair gets dry as straw the more you use it.

ETA- Even with using sulfate free,  I think certain silicones in the conditioner are to blame.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm .............I use a conditioner from Garnier called Frutcis, its a leave in conditioner.  After shampooing I use it and leave it in my hair while showering, then rinse it out.  While my hair is still wet (not soaking) I use it and leave it in and style hair.  After my hair air dries I finger comb or not.

I have not used the shampoo as I have white hair and use Shiny Silver so my hair does not yellow.

I have found Garnier products to be very good and less expensive.

My stylist has commented many times what great condition my hair is.

I have also used Ion products and they are very good also, but more expensive.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@monicakm I love Suave Moroccan Infusion Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner. 

I don't color my hair, anymore, but it is creamy & moisturizing & smells really good.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

So you use it 2x?  You shampoo, use the leave-in product, shower and rinse it out.  Then while  your hair is still wet, you use it again but this time leave it in?  I'm a little confused.

Super Contributor

@decaf  I agree with you regarding silicones. I tried Living Proof (silicone free)- at first, I thought it was awful, but read on their website that it will take a few washes to get the silicones out of your hair, and I found that to be true. My hair looks & feels great.

Recently, I've incorporated a new, also silicone free line called Verb into the rotation. It a small women owned company in Austin, Texas. I am using the Reset triad of clarifying shampoo, repairing mask and sealing mist every two weeks and am really impressed.

To the OP- I would suggest you Google "silicone & sulfate free shampoo & conditioner " and see what might be available at Walmart. And, keep in mind, you'll have to use a few times to get results.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm ...........sorry to confuse you, yes I use it twice.  It may not be necessary but thats what I do.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I will see what I can find that is silicone and sulfate free.  Does anyone know of a leave in spray that adds shine?  As for conditioner, I'm currently using this.  I like it and don't see any sulfates or silicones but they could be hiding under an alias Smiley Surprised

There is a matching shampoo too and it also doesn't seem to contain those two ingredients.

This is the conditioner...

Ingredients

AQUA / WATER / EAU, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, AMODIMETHICONE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL / COCONUT OIL, BENZOIC ACID, TRIDECETH-6, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, ARGININE, GLUTAMIC ACID, SERINE, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, GLYCINE SOJA OIL / SOYBEAN OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL / SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA EXTRACT / MATRICARIA FLOWER EXTRACT, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5, PHYLLANTHUS EMBLICA FRUIT EXTRACT, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6, CI 14700 / RED 4, TOCOPHEROL.
Trusted Contributor

@cantdrive55  Thank you for confirming my suspicion about the silicones hiding in almost every conditioner.   Also sharing the good luck you've had with those two products.  This is a great forum, so many knowledgeable people willing to share their experiences.

Honored Contributor

Hairdresser here.  NEXXUS Therappe shampoo and Humectress conditioner.  You can wash the conditioner out, but if you need more moisture, you can apply a small amount into your palms and apply to your dry hair between washings.

I used to use these products in my shop.  At one time you had to have a license to buy Nexxus, and it was only sold in salons.