Super Contributor

Re: Expired Products Sold by QVC - PTR

this will explain why so many of the eyebrow pencils  and eye liners (bobbi brown) are dried out when i get them

Esteemed Contributor

It does not surprise me that QVC would sell old inventory -- even beauty products past their expiration date. Look how often we've joked about the oldest clothes in inventory and inventory from vendors who long since left QVC. 

But it really isn't funny when customers unknowingly buy beauty products and get old stuff sent to them.

I suspect that I'm seeing a lot of old beauty inventory from EL brands showing up at Winners. Maybe that inventory never made it into stores or were sent back to the vendor when department store chains closed stores like Macy's and Sears. Sears Canada is liquidating stores but the department store cosmetics and skin care items are not on clearance at all. There's no sales people in those brands since nobody will buy those brands given the full prices. People would rather go to a store that is offering GWPs with a high end brand. I think once Sears Canada closes its doors for good in January, that high end makeup and skin care will show up at Winners too.

Valued Contributor

Interesting because I was looking to buy a Wen styling creme and the first few reviews were pointing out that the dates on the bottom of the bottle they just purchased were very close to expiring. Given that these types of products have a shelf life of a few years, obviously, this was older product that needed to be used within a short period of time. Not cool.

Super Contributor

I also purchased the large size of the Firm X peeling gel. Can you please tell me how to check the code to see if it's expired?