Expired Products Sold by QVC - PTR

Hello Everyone -

In the last 3 weeks QVC has sold me 2 Peter Thomas expired products. 

Im shocked and frankly discusted because I've been putting them on my skin. They are the Rose Stem Cell Mask in the large bottle and the FirmX - Peeling Gel in the 6.8 oz. 

I only found out because I called PTR corporate to find out the shelf life of these 2 large products. Imagine my suprise when they told me they expired long time ago. The mask was made in 2014!!! I was also told that mold can grow on the expired masks and that could cause issues on skin/eyes.

I'm writing here for 2 reasons:

1. To warm anyone who bought these, to check the code online for expration dates or call PTR. QVC refuses to take them off the website, so they are still being sold. 

--- (The supervisor on the phone was quite rude I might add, instead of being apologetic.)

2. I've recently purchased many PTR products from QVC because they were on sale - now I'm worried that they are all old and expired - hence the great deals. On a lot of these, the 'code' was on the packaging and not on the bottle so I have no way of knowing because I threw the packaging away. 

If anyone else has any input on this issue, please let us know! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Expired Products Sold by QVC - PTR

@Maya12  This is pretty alarming information!  Did QVC give you credit? I wonder what else they sell that is dated product?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would be a red flag to me if the Q actually puts anything on sale, has to be a catch!! Sorry it happened to you. PTR really needs to do a stock check with the Q, this is not good for his business.

Esteemed Contributor

Several months ago I purchased the Diane Young Coneflower Neckline Firmer. I’ve been using it for years.When I opened the lid the product was lumpy & had a strange look to it.

I called customer service & told the representative that I got what appears to be an old product.I sent it back & the representative waived the fees.She asked me if I wanted a replacement.I said no.

I re ordered the product through Diane’s website. It came smooth & creamy the way it’s supposed to be. I can’t imagine what would have happened if I had used the old product!!

Contributor

Unfortunately, I have had this issue on many Perricone products on Auto-Delivery.  The products arrived and the creams were discolored and expired.  I tried to exchange and the same arrived.  For the amount of money that is charged for these products, a customer hopes they receive skin products in the freshest form.  This does not surpise me at all.  When you receive the first shipment everything is fine but anything after that on Auto-Delivery is very questionable????  What does QVC stand for?????  Not sure about the QUALITY at all these days!

Trusted Contributor

A couple of years ago I purchased a product from the Super Saturday Sale for Cnacer Research ....Peter Thomas Ross.  I have used the product before, so I know what it should look like.  When it arrived it was BROWN!!  YUK  Had to be old product.  Didn't return because I wanted to help the cause, however I did complain to CS. Never purchased another PTR again.  I wonder if it comes from the manufacturer that way.  Trying to get rid of old product.  But not sure. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC sells old Wen products, as well, so this doesn't surprise me.  It's ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

@Maya12 Check out Origins products for your face.  Right now and until tomorrow at midnight, 20% and free shipping.  Their products are excelllent.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have a huge bottle of PTR Retinol Fusion PM on A/D and I am going to cancel my May delivery ASAP. I have always worried about something like this happening when you purchase any product on A/D.

If they are changing the scents/colors that are being sent out for the next delivery then I am sure they are sending out fresh product, but when it's the same product then I am not surprised that they would try to get rid of the older stock first.

I have watched Philosophy shows and seen kits that they are selling that I purchased as a TSV years ago.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have bought expired  Wen product several times now from QVC....Its important to check dates and codes with any company because its all about the money for them...They are not gonna throw away a product if its outdated if they can get away with it...Very shady but it seems to be the way of the world now...Sephora does it to.I bought a 200.00 cream there and it was 1 yr past the code date so it was 3 yrs old which means all the actives were degraded and it would not help my skin at all.