Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@silkyk LOVE the tube!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   I agree. The tubes are like jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan   I appreciate having you as a cheerleader of my posts. I really enjoy sharing decades of hands on experience and love answering questions/giving recommendations. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Expensive lipstick

[ Edited ]

For me, a lipstick purchase is a great "pick me up" item. Who can't always use a new lipstick? Prices are more reasonable than shadow palettes or skincare. I also seem to misplace my lipsticks, so having many is a great excuse to purchase more. I have them on my vanity, in makeup bag, on dresser to grab to put in handbag...end up leaving them in evening bags. 

Many duds go in the bottom vanity drawer for the granddaughters to play with along with palettes and blush that were less than what I expected.

Honored Contributor

Re: Expensive lipstick

[ Edited ]

For the budget I have set for myself, I have decided not to buy any more expensive lipsticks.  If, on QVC (or any other website store that sells makeup) they have a great sale....  then I would consider it. I find if I am patient enough and can wait for sales... that works well for me. If a kit comes up with a lip color I know I like and I can use the other things in the kit then sometimes I jump at that because it's usually a bargain.

Super Contributor

I stopped buying expensive lipstick after discovering they do not stay on me any better than drugstore products.  The one I found that does stay on is Cover Girl for under $10.  It has been a staple in my cosmetic bag for several years.