Frequent Contributor

I love Tacha too.  I have the Tacha Plum Blossom and I love the color, and the silkiness of the lipstick.  I would rather pay a lot for a color that I love and use a lot, than to have spent a small fortune on a drawer full of colors that I don't use.  

To each his own. 

Esteemed Contributor

My mother (God bless her!) always thought that the more expensive a skin-care or makeup item, the better it was.  I disagreed.  She tried her best to get me to buy high-dollar products - she dragged me to every high-end makeup counter known to man.  But I always preferred my drugstore brands.  And I still do.  

Why spend $40+ for a lipstick that only lasts 10 minutes, when I can buy Revlon for $5 at the grocery store and it will last on my lips for several hours? 

Thanks @cactusgal -- I might have to try Wet-n-Wild lipstick sometime.  I love WW eyeliner pencil.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

The only difference I see in an expensive v. inexpensive lipstick are the shades. Expensive ones seem to have better shade choices. But not necessarily better performance. But I guess that performance depends on what you are looking for in a lipstick.

Respected Contributor

These lipsticks are the only ones I wear.  They have good color payoff, they feel great on the lips and the cases are pretty.  The lipsticks last a long time and price per wear are worth it for me. I have all 3 colors and would buy them again.  I always have one in my bag with my Beekman lip balm, if I want no color, just moisture.

Deb

Esteemed Contributor

The 3 piece set with the bag looks so pretty for $75.  Hope it is presented at 4pm.

Super Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

The 3 piece set with the bag looks so pretty for $75.  Hope it is presented at 4pm.

They have been selling that kit on their website for a year with free shipping.  I wish they had it in other shades, I don't care for the magnolia bloom shade

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you.  Color hard to tell.  Love the other shades I have.  Will pass on this set.

Honored Contributor

What's great about expensive lipstick is that people with modest means and people with nearly unlimited means can all obtain the same highest end products. Whereas, something like the highest end cars, on the other hand, are not accessible like that. Makeup and fragrance and little accessories are where the fanciest brands make the majority of their profits.

In my circles, it's not especially cool to appear to be high maintenance. So even if I got an expensive lipstick, I'd be a little embarrassed to wave it around. Mostly I like Clinique because the colors are so good on me. Tatcha does tempt me sometimes. So far I've held off.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

No one will be buying any lippies for that price because no one will have job so expect it to go for $10.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

If you spend $5-10 on lipstick after lipstick and end up never happy with the color you choose - perhaps it is worth it to you to pay more than average for something that you're finally happy with. 

(and threads are fluid, I've read time and again.  Kind of hard to control how a thread goes.)

@Mj12   What drives me more towards dept. store lipstick lines is not the price, but the ability to swatch them, not the price. BTW, I think the rules/regulations of forums is to stay on the subject of the thread. Not sure, but remember I read something like that when I started posted.