Honored Contributor

Expensive Makeup Brushes

[ Edited ]

During Black Friday I purchased 3 Sigma brushes.  First high-end brushes I've ever purchased.  Can I tell a difference?  Absolutely!  They are very nice.  Will I buy more.  I doubt it.  I can't tell that my makeup looked any better using the spendy brushes vs the Real Technique brushes.  Glad I tried them and got it out of my system that I was missing something integral/essential to my makeup application.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Expensive Makeup Brushes

@monicakm - I recently bought some Sigma make up brushes, but haven't used them yet.  Glad you like them.

Respected Contributor

I bought my niece the large set of Sigma brushes for Christmas. She was really thankful.  I'm not sure how well they are working for her, if she even tried them yet, or that she knows they were expensive.

Contributor

Glad you like them.  I have one Sigma brush.  I have purchased 2 sets of BK Beauty brushes.  They are the first "high end" brushes I've used and think they were worth the price. They feel and work amazing!

Honored Contributor

@TrulyMe 

I could feel a difference but I didn't see a difference in my makeup application.  I forgot about the Sigma brush that came in my Sigma Mod e/s palette.  I guess it never struck me as anything super wonderful.  If I had thought about it, I would have purchased BK Beauty instead (if they were having a sale on them).

Trusted Contributor

While I have a few cheap brushes that I like, almost all of my favorites are more expensive ones.  I'm not a big fan of Sigma though, I think their brushes are very average.  I definitely notice a difference with certain types of high end brushes like foundation brushes and certain eye brushes, but others not so much.  My favorite brush for cream bronzer is an Elf brush that probably cost about $6.

@monicakm It's too bad you didn't try the BK Beauty brushes.  They were running sales during the holidays and I think their brushes are much better than Sigma.

I also really like Rose and Ben, Rephr and Wayne Goss brushes.  Also the Sephora Pro line has some great brushes that are reasonably priced. It Cosmetic brushes are also usually nice and not too expensive.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I remember Mel really liked Rephr and I think Wayne's brushes??  I wasn't even in the market for new brushes when @JudyL mentioned their sale.  If I buy more, I'd like to look into BK Beauty.  Thanks for reminding me Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I get far more use out of my ELF and Real Techniques brushes than any others. You no longer need to spend a fortune to get a quality brush.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

Beware.  Oftentimes even the best of brush suppliers, might supply their least quality brushes in their Makeup sets. So not necessarily a good example of their continued, "brush purchase only" quality.

Then there's other occasions where Beauties find inferior brushes supplied in other ways.  I remember when IT Cosm came out with their very 1st "Christmas Brush-only Set,"  Many ppl thought them inferior to the IT brush that was included in their original makeup sets.

Esteemed Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior wrote:

@monicakm 

Beware.  Oftentimes even the best of brush suppliers, might supply their least quality brushes in their Makeup sets. So not necessarily a good example of their continued, "brush purchase only" quality.

Then there's other occasions where Beauties find inferior brushes supplied in other ways.  I remember when IT Cosm came out with their very 1st "Christmas Brush-only Set,"  Many ppl thought them inferior to the IT brush that was included in their original makeup sets.

@JoyFilled Warrior 

I purchased that IT brush set and it was horrible quality...nothing like the original brushes. Turned me off the entire IT line.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."