Honored Contributor

Why is everyone dying their hair black?

Where did this trend start?  Some influencers?  Celebrities?  Shortage of hair dye in other colors?  Highlighting seemed to be the trend for years and years.  No more.  I was watching Erin Burnett and Harry Enten (CNN"s host and numbers guru) last week and both had black hair.  I mention that just to say it's going on with both men and women.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why is everyone dying their hair black?

Who is "everyone"?  I'm surely not.  My girls surely aren't.  People in my DD's chair aren't.  

Trusted Contributor

This started years ago with Katie Perry.  Maybe it's coming around again.

Respected Contributor

I just read an article that different shades of brown is the "hottest" hair color right now. When I look around I see nothing different as far as hair color. 

Respected Contributor

Just a guess......some people lighten their hair when the weather is warm and go darker in the winter.

Respected Contributor

I haven't noticed this.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there is a movie with Wednesday Adams that is hot right now. The Wednesday dance and hairstyle is the hottest ticket on TikTok everybody's doing it. My feed is all about it.

Honored Contributor

who knew it was a trend?

i dye my hair black/jet black pearl often.

i like alternating between very dark blacks or reds.

i use it to cover some gray around my face and to give my hair some body and texture. i have been doing this for years now, straight out of a box.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yikes. Maybe for the yungins!  Black is very harsh against the face when you get older... My opinion-

Clarifying- depends on your complexion!! My natural color is darkest brown/ black. It looked awful on me as I aged. 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Yikes. Maybe for the yungins!  Black is very harsh against the face when you get older... My opinion-

hahahaha.....certainly not harsh on me......it looks GOOD!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein