Occasional Contributor

Update on Elysee at HSN ~ 7-9-’19
I talked with Jen Olsen from Elysee this morning, and as always, she was amazingly kind and helpful.
* At present, Elysee is not going to another shopping network. However if the right offer was made that would be a future possibility.
** There is also a possibility that Elysee will return to HSN with Linda in featured shows. But that is up to HSN. As of right now, HSN is only allowing Elysee to sell on their website.
* I’ve placed a call to Mike George, President and CEO of Qurate Retail Group, to request that Elysee be returned to HSN and QVC in featured shows.
** When I get a phone number and a “good” e-mail address to Mr. George and his associates, I hope you will join me in sending requests for returning Elysee to network shows. I’ll post the number here.
(Even if Elysee wasn’t selling as much as other brands, if enough of us request (demand) that they return, there’s a good possibility we can make that happen.)
* If an Elysee product is sold out on HSN’s website, we can buy it directly from Elysee at the same price as our existing autoship. At this point there is no date on how long that offer will last.
* Jen said they plan to restock on HSN’s website, but there is no date set for that.
* The “Shelf Life” of Elysee products is 2 years if unopened.
*Parabens – Jen is checking with their chemist to get exact information on the preservative they use, and I will post that info soon. As I’m sure you know, parabens are naturally present in many fresh fruits and veggies, etc. I’m certainly not an advocate of preservatives, however I am an advocate of the truth, and I’m very much opposed to the incorrect hype that storms the media, sending consumers, like me, into worried confusion. The study that scared everyone was found to be botched- the findings were inaccurate. However we need to be very aware of the processed foods, soap products, etc., that we use as to what kind of preservatives are in them. It’s a proven fact that the paraben scare has caused many cosmetic companies to stop using them, because of the fear of lost sales – not for the best interest of the consumers. The use of other preservatives, surprisingly some that are considered green, when mixed with other products interact causing deleterious effects to the users – such as skin irritations, swelling, a foul smell of the product, etc. The rise of contamination in skin care products is at the highest level it has ever been. Linda Marshall is a member of various boards that scrutinize safe ingredients for cosmetics, and she occasionally addresses congress. (Who else in the cosmetic world does that !) For years Linda Marshall has worked with doctors and patients, providing them with her products. And the rigorous testing of those Elysee products (the very same products we buy) before given to the patients is so comprehensive, other companies would be hard-pressed to pass those tests. That is fact. Elysee also has given charitable donations to women’s shelters – we don’t hear about that – and Linda is limited on what she can explain on TV because of network laws.
***There has never been or will ever be any animal testing on any of the Elysee products.***
* The “water” contained in Elysee products is a patented formula ~ no other company has it.  ~~ It's not just tap water ~~ The molecular structure helps other ingredients absorb into the skin more efficiently.
~ I have no affiliation with the Elysee company or Linda and her associates, other than being a grateful consumer of their amazing products – that actually work ! I love that they’re family owned, that dear Linda has spent her life creating an amazing brand and cares so much for her consumers. And of course that the products are made right here in the USA. ~ Please don’t be discouraged and think we can’t bring this amazing company back. Without us, QVC-HSN wouldn’t exist.
Have a lovely evening
Malibu Bonnie

Honored Contributor

I was very happy with my Elysee Trio but with all this back and forth, selling, not selling, moving, not moving, leaving HSN, not leaving HSN, I decided it was time to move on.  It's too frustrating, being jerked around.  

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jean Louis ~ Please don't be discouraged, it's really not Elysee's fault that QVC-HSN are making things difficult.

*If you need product that isn't on HSN's website, just go to the Elysee website or phone the company, they will sell you the product you need at the same price you are paying for your HSN autoship.

*The ingredients and the quantity of those ingredients in Elysee's products far surpass all the other brands. They don't use fancy packaging and fast-talking pitch-people to sell their products. Rather than being "showy" they pass those savings on to us, and tell us the truth - the real science behind their brand.

Have a beautiful day ~

Malibu Bonnie Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've got to say that Elysee is the only skin care I've used that I actually noticed a difference which is pretty amazing.Well, that and Gold Bond neck cream which doesn't seem to help anymore, only the first time.

I think it was the youth serum and something else which I forget now.

I only stopped because of spending that money everytime I ran out but was thinking about ordering again before I even read this thread.

And though it doesn't help with appearance, I also love Adrienne's coconut meltdown! But again, how many times can you keep ordering something? It all adds up!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Malibu Bonnie wrote:

Hi Jean Louis ~ Please don't be discouraged, it's really not Elysee's fault that QVC-HSN are making things difficult.

*If you need product that isn't on HSN's website, just go to the Elysee website or phone the company, they will sell you the product you need at the same price you are paying for your HSN autoship.

*The ingredients and the quantity of those ingredients in Elysee's products far surpass all the other brands. They don't use fancy packaging and fast-talking pitch-people to sell their products. Rather than being "showy" they pass those savings on to us, and tell us the truth - the real science behind their brand.

Have a beautiful day ~

@Malibu Bonnie wrote:

Have a beautiful day ~

@Malibu Bonnie  I actually still have my trio auto delivery in active status.  I moved the next shipment out far so I could wait and see what was going to happen.  Right now, I've got an AM and PM Skinn system in place, so we'll see what happens.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Elysee Update

[ Edited ]

Hi Jean Louise,

I've tried Skinn's makeup foundation, and it's quite nice. I put Elysee's serums and day cream on first. But I really like Enviro-Shield Tinted Veil, and when I want more coverage, Entre Nous Foundation, each by Elysee. 

The "Skinn" brand is too expensive (and not just the foundation) for the amount of product you get and the ingredients - they just can't compare with Elysee, and that's proven fact.

Skinn's packaging is lovely, but way too excessive, adding to their huge overhead - that the consumers pay for.

I like that Elysee uses simple packaging, and passes those savings on to the consumers. They don't use fast-talking hype, they just give us the scientific truth.

I live in California, and the climate is rather dry, even here by the beach. From the "countless" skin care brands I've tried, Elysee is my favorite and what I use - it's a big favorite around here, and used in many of the spas, and recommended by A-List cosmetic surgeons. 

Have a beautiful day ~

Occasional Contributor

Re: Elysee Update

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor
I have been an Elysee user for 8 years. I really do think if Linda & Elysee cared about their customers they would let them know exactly what is going on. Linda has always been in contact with her long term customers via emails, letting them know of new products and always answering questions about products.I am disappointed that Linda has not been completely honest with her valued customers. This is just my opinion. I now feel that it’s about selling out the products left at HSN and not about the “loyal” customers. It will be interesting to see where Elysee shows up next. I am now using up my Elysee products and trying Skinn products. I do think Skinn products are comparable in prices to Elysee.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
I have been an Elysee user for 8 years. I really do think if Linda & Elysee cared about their customers they would let them know exactly what is going on. Linda has always been in contact with her long term customers via emails, letting them know of new products and always answering questions about products.I am disappointed that Linda has not been completely honest with her valued customers. This is just my opinion. I now feel that it’s about selling out the products left at HSN and not about the “loyal” customers. It will be interesting to see where Elysee shows up next. I am now using up my Elysee products and trying Skinn products. I do think Skinn products are comparable in prices to Elysee.

@Naturesbeauty  - well stated & I agree! I am using some Elysee products in rotation with other brands including Skinn. The vagueness and 'mystery' about how/where to purchase Elysee going forward is causing customers to look at alternatives.

and Malibu Bonnie strikes me as an Elysee rep..,

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Naturesbeauty  - well stated & I agree! I am using some Elysee products in rotation with other brands including Skinn. The vagueness and 'mystery' about how/where to purchase Elysee going forward is causing customers to look at alternatives.

and Malibu Bonnie strikes me as an Elysee rep..,

I have personally meant Linda at a Meet & Greet she had for some of her customers. She has emailed me personally each and every time she was on HSN to call in and make a testimonial for the products I have used and my results, etc. I just feel we have been railroaded. She could at least be honest with her loyal customers. This situation so sounds like Serious Skin Cares situation. It’s very sad........but when it actually comes down to it........it’s about sales & money......not the customer!