Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Any one usenthis line,how do you like it?

I did try their three items kit awhile ago. I remember liking it, but not enough, but then again - I am "married" to Isomers! So I ended up sending Elemis kit back.....

Recently my good Internet friend revealed to me that she has been using Elemis for awhile now, and it does absolute wonders to her own skin, like nothing before! She is raving about these products.

Now, this Lady is true skincare Connoisseur, and serious skincare junkie who tries all out there in a world of skincare.

So, I listened and decided to give Elemis another try.  I found a good kit at okay price, but then..... I noticed, they add fragrance in all the products I wanted........ Why?

I really-really-really do not want to have any perfume on my face, if I can avoid it..... So, I am a little upset that I can't buy Elemis and myself see what my friend is so raving about. But on the hand, it saves me some money, and I am very happy with what I already have in my stash.

@sonechko

I had posted about my loving this line..sampleing it at Nordstrom initally then saw it was (breifly) on QVC and now a lot! I have been using for about 5 years now and my skin is very good for my age I am told and feel that I'm holding my own thus far lol.

(except my eyes-fine lines since I've been in my mid 30's!-ugh).

I began using Elemis and hated the scent...too much for me. But used the samples and then the marine cream was my first cream used day/night and a $$ quartz serum (zero scent) and their 'lift effect' cream (natural to a zero scent since renamed last year or so and I was hooked. Not all have that strong scent since I have ventured into other Elemis items in the line. Pro collagen does have a high scent (the oils) all do. I just now applied the creamy peptide night oil before bed it has mild scent, not like the oils..it's a nice scent IMO...using it every night.

I nary get a reaction, no breakouts or mila like I did with JosieM's items I liked and tried on my face/neck...love the mild natural scent.

I have dry skin.

So I'll be sticking with this as my base skincare..I add other great products to it.

I agree with you and wish they would lower the scent level in many items... not all are like that scent I know you're talking about.

Most hate perfumey skincare but people snatch this stuff up.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Any one usenthis line,how do you like it?

I did try their three items kit awhile ago. I remember liking it, but not enough, but then again - I am "married" to Isomers! So I ended up sending Elemis kit back.....

Recently my good Internet friend revealed to me that she has been using Elemis for awhile now, and it does absolute wonders to her own skin, like nothing before! She is raving about these products.

Now, this Lady is true skincare Connoisseur, and serious skincare junkie who tries all out there in a world of skincare.

So, I listened and decided to give Elemis another try.  I found a good kit at okay price, but then..... I noticed, they add fragrance in all the products I wanted........ Why?

I really-really-really do not want to have any perfume on my face, if I can avoid it..... So, I am a little upset that I can't buy Elemis and myself see what my friend is so raving about. But on the hand, it saves me some money, and I am very happy with what I already have in my stash.

@sonechko

I had posted about my loving this line..sampleing it at Nordstrom initally then saw it was (breifly) on QVC and now a lot! I have been using for about 5 years now and my skin is very good for my age I am told and feel that I'm holding my own thus far lol.

(except my eyes-fine lines since I've been in my mid 30's!-ugh).

I began using Elemis and hated the scent...too much for me. But used the samples and then the marine cream was my first cream used day/night and a $$ quartz serum (zero scent) and their 'lift effect' cream (natural to a zero scent since renamed last year or so and I was hooked. Not all have that strong scent since I have ventured into other Elemis items in the line. Pro collagen does have a high scent (the oils) all do. I just now applied the creamy peptide night oil before bed it has mild scent, not like the oils..it's a nice scent IMO...using it every night.

I nary get a reaction, no breakouts or mila like I did with JosieM's items I liked and tried on my face/neck...love the mild natural scent.

I have dry skin.

So I'll be sticking with this as my base skincare..I add other great products to it.

I agree with you and wish they would lower the scent level in many items... not all are like that scent I know you're talking about.

Most hate perfumey skincare but people snatch this stuff up.

Thanks @mimi5775! Cat Happy    I do not wish they would "lower the scent" - simply do not want any skincare with a fragrance added to it on my face.

My preference for skincare, so it would consist only of pure active ingredients and nothing else.

I am not sure, where scents in Elemis products come from. Maybe from some ingredients.  A few that I checked said "fragrance". 

This means - added fragrance. Maybe I still need look into Elemis products further - so many people love them!

The skincare I am using does not have any added fragrance, only pure actives, this is why it's strange for me to put any scented products on my face.

Respected Contributor

I had issues with the Elemis line and never ever have had any problems before with other lines?  Several pores plugged up to bumps on my upper cheek by my nose. I quit using Elemis Night Recovery Serum and Marine Cream and had to work on getting that area smoothed out with microabrasion. I like the Cleansing Balm though.  I have Combination skin. Using it up on my hands.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I had issues with the Elemis line and never ever have had any problems before with other lines?  Several pores plugged up to bumps on my upper cheek by my nose. I quit using Elemis Night Recovery Serum and Marine Cream and had to work on getting that area smoothed out with microabrasion. I like the Cleansing Balm though.  I have Combination skin. Using it up on my hands.

@Gorgf  I use many products as I said in their line and unlike you it was the cleansing balm I didn't care out of all of them lol b/c of the stronger scent. Their skin oils (they have 3 newer oils out now all are rather strong scented for me however nice on my skin)...will use up and then not repurchase...maybe use on my nails!

Still love my other Elemis products, have had good luck with them.

Seems a few here dislike Elemis adding stronger fragance in their skincare line and I ahppen to agree.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

The best way to try this line without going broke is to try their Try Me Kits. This way if you don't like the products you have not invested too much money. So far what I have tried I love. Their Night Recovery Cream Oil is awesome. My only problem is that I use Retin A and there are actives in this product. So I can only use on the nights that I don't use my Retin A. The Papaya Peel is a wonderful product that is not harsh on the skin. My favorite product is the Marine Oil and also their Marine Cream. These are very hydrating. Their products are scented so someone who is sensitive to scents, would probably not want to use these. 

Valued Contributor

Agree with those of you commenting on the  amount of fragrance in Elemis products.  It was the absolute deal breaker for me.  I have used lots of skincare lines, but I think Elemis and Lancome rank at the top as having the most fragrance.  We don't need fragrance in facial skincare.  For me, it is irritating to my skin.