Respected Contributor

Re: Drastically Uneven Brows

I pretty much have no brows anymore, so have to draw them in every morning with a wax crayon and brow powder. Works pretty well. I have never been to a Benefit brow counter at Macy's, but if I were you, I would go for it and give it a try. It won't hurt to try and maybe they can give you some helpful tips. Good luck!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde I understand your dilemma!! I think you would have a better experience with Sephora or Macy’s too..If it bothers you don’t give up.You just need some personalized attention.I’m sure your solution is around the corner.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  I don't share your problem.  I am a gal that doesn't even need eyebrow pencil.  Anyway, I think it is an excellent idea that you either go to a Benefit store or ULTA.  First at home, list all your questions on an index card so you are prepared when you get to the store.  You can also call a full service Beauty Salon about brow service.  Anyway, maybe call ahead for prices.  good luck.  Merry Christmas.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Moonchilde  I don't share your problem.  I am a gal that doesn't even need eyebrow pencil.  Anyway, I think it is an excellent idea that you either go to a Benefit store or ULTA.  First at home, list all your questions on an index card so you are prepared when you get to the store.  You can also call a full service Beauty Salon about brow service.  Anyway, maybe call ahead for prices.  good luck.  Merry Christmas.  Cat Very Happy

Thank you, @Katcat1 - Merry Christmas to you too :-)

As far as I’ve been able to tell, the brow “mapping” Benefit does is free. There may be a small charge for the “styling”, but then again it too might be free if I purchase some of their brow products - which I’m thinking I will anyway. And the brow products are very reasonable prices, most of them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Yours probably isn't half as bad at what we saw at the store the other day.  We couldn't take our eyes off a woman going past us, in the other direction.  Her eyebrows made her look so mad, that we couldn't believe it.  

Can an eyebrow pencil help you?  This woman that we saw, needed some help. I'd bet she's nice, but the eyebrows you could not take your eyes off of. 

Contributor

I had awful brows I started going to a lady in my salon,which she arch ,dyed my brows 

I can't go every month like I should,cause I'm on S S, but there is a big difference now,I had one brow that was almost non-existence from white hairs . This was best thing love done for my face to look younger last time I went i splurge and dyed my eye lashes 

and WOW so much better than any makeup covered up my gray lashes,really did make 

a difference worth every penny 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Yours probably isn't half as bad at what we saw at the store the other day.  We couldn't take our eyes off a woman going past us, in the other direction.  Her eyebrows made her look so mad, that we couldn't believe it.  

Can an eyebrow pencil help you?  This woman that we saw, needed some help. I'd bet she's nice, but the eyebrows you could not take your eyes off of. 

Oh yes, @qualitygal, I do use brow pencil, but I’m not at all good at artificially going where the hairs don’t go naturally. I much prefer a tidy, natural and neutral look, no bold statements for me - but I do need something. 

Honored Contributor

@tippygirl wrote:

I had awful brows I started going to a lady in my salon,which she arch ,dyed my brows 

I can't go every month like I should,cause I'm on S S, but there is a big difference now,I had one brow that was almost non-existence from white hairs . This was best thing love done for my face to look younger last time I went i splurge and dyed my eye lashes 

and WOW so much better than any makeup covered up my gray lashes,really did make 

a difference worth every penny 

@tippygirl, I identify!

The last 5-7 years or so my eyebrow hairs (the few of them I still have, lol) have turned “wild”, so that I’ll have hairs sticking straight out, half of them white.  I went in to have them threaded and tidied, and she used scissors, which actually looked good when she was done. 

I have at times had both brows and lashes dyed, but yes, it gets expensive to do all that lash grooming monthly plus the shaping.  For me it has to be a balance of cost/benefit. 

I need to find a “brow whisperer”, lol.

Honored Contributor

I've got a jagged scar through one eyebrow...........but nobody has ever "said anything" about it.................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde, I would most definitely go to a person or a place that specializes in just brows. There are tons of salons that do waxing and threading in addition to cuts, color, etc... but if you want some serious and expert attention to your brows, you want someone who deals ONLY in brows. 

I would first start by googling best eyebrow shaping with your town and state. You should be able to look at the reviews. YOu not only want good reviews but a lot of them. Not just one or two 5 star reviews but ten or more. 

I would go to the brow bar you mentioned and tell them your concerns and ask them what they would do. I really think you should "interview" the person for the job and make sure you like what you hear. In addition to waxing and shaping your brows you need to let them know you want to know how to fill them in daily with powder/gel/pencil yourself and if you feel you cannot do it, ask them to show you.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK