Honored Contributor

Wondering if anyone else has this issue and how you handle it.

Like many, my brows are not anywhere approaching any sort of symmetry. One brow is a good half inch lower than the other. The higher brow has a very slight natural arch and the lower brow is a straight line :-( The brows are also sparse and thin with wild white hairs here and there.

It’s the height difference that looks really bad to my eyes when I look in the mirror. It looks like a blind 90 year old did it and just drew wherever.

I’ve considered different things - microblading, stencils, etc. but don’t think those things would solve my problem very well.

I note that Benefit Cosmetics has a “brow bar” and will “map” them and shape them for you so you can handle them going forward. Has anyone done this? Did you think it helped? I’m wondering how they “manage” brows with a noticeable height difference, one completely without an arch.

Any thoughts?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Drastically Uneven Brows

@Moonchilde  I have one brow slightly higher than the other.I use an eyebrow pencil. I do short quick strokes to create an arch on the lower one.It makes it look lifted & gives both brows an even appearance.I also fill in the rest of the brows. My brows look natural & even!!

If you’re hesitant it may be a good idea for you to visit the brow bar.They can show you how to do it.

Good luck!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, mine are also drastic.  It's just how I was born, and though I admire good brows, I'll never have them.

Another issue is the one droopy eyelid.  I try to just go with it.  I'd say I smile alot but the teeth  . . . oh well.  I have a sense of humor.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Oh, mine are also drastic.  It's just how I was born, and though I admire good brows, I'll never have them.

Another issue is the one droopy eyelid.  I try to just go with it.  I'd say I smile alot but the teeth  . . . oh well.  I have a sense of humor.

I hear you with all of that, @Sweetbay magnolia.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Moonchilde  I have one brow slightly higher than the other.I use an eyebrow pencil. I do short quick strokes to create an arch on the lower one.It makes it look lifted & gives both brows an even appearance.I also fill in the rest of the brows. My brows look natural & even!!

If you’re hesitant it may be a good idea for you to visit the brow bar.They can show you how to do it.

Good luck!!

@NicksmomESQ, BT and DT for years, and it doesn’t work for me.  I can’t create an arch where utterly none exists. When my brows are filled in, they are unnatural and uneven, even when a pro does them.

I am interested in the tips the Benefits people would suggest, as if I had any sort of specific steps to follow I could latch on to that - if I get a person to help who is really good at it and not just going through the motions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde About 20 yrs ago I visited the Adrienne Arpel salon at Lord & Taylor for a facial.After the facial I got a free makeup consultation & application.

An older gentleman was there & showed me how to do my brows.He tweezed them & told me to follow his lead to maintain them.That’s what I’ve been doing all this time!! He showed me how to lift my eye by feathering in an arch.He also gave me some stencils to place over my brows & fill them in.I never really needed to use them but I still have them.

I’m thinking that stencils might be what you need.Maybe a brow bar would have them.If not maybe try googling it.

Respected Contributor

I correct them as best I can. I stopped worrying about it when someone told me, “your “brows are sisters; not twins.”

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde You mentioned stencils. Would that be similar to tattoos? I don't know the difference but a former coworker of mine tattooed her brows and liner. Just an idea. I have brows but no lashes.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Moonchilde About 20 yrs ago I visited the Adrienne Arpel salon at Lord & Taylor for a facial.After the facial I got a free makeup consultation & application.

An older gentleman was there & showed me how to do my brows.He tweezed them & told me to follow his lead to maintain them.That’s what I’ve been doing all this time!! He showed me how to lift my eye by feathering in an arch.He also gave me some stencils to place over my brows & fill them in.I never really needed to use them but I still have them.

I’m thinking that stencils might be what you need.Maybe a brow bar would have them.If not maybe try googling it.

@NicksmomESQ, I have a couple of different sets of stencils, but haven’t been brave enough to use them. My thought is, it’s going to be so far off the shape of my natural brow that what do you do about what is outside the stencil? It could look like you have two sets of brows ;-(  This is where I need guidance from a pro.

I went into Ulta for brow help once and they were very UNhelpful. But you can set up appts (I think) with the Benefits rep at Ulta, Sephora or Macy’s and that’s what I will likely do.  When I went into Ulta before I just wandered in and everyone was “sorry” but they “couldn’t” help me. I suspect I’ll try Macy’s. I tend to have a bad attitude about Ulta not just because of that, but other times not being helped either. They’re not as professional as Sephora.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Moonchilde You mentioned stencils. Would that be similar to tattoos? I don't know the difference but a former coworker of mine tattooed her brows and liner. Just an idea. I have brows but no lashes.

No, @OKPrincess, it’s not the same - or rather, it shouldn’t be. Permanent makeup (brows, liner, lips) is done with equipment much like an actual tattoo gun, or a microblade. This comes the closest to what I want, and if money was no object on a continuing basis I’d do it in a heartbeat. 

But “permanent” as far as microblading is maybe 18-24 months, which means I’d be spending up to $700-$800 up front and almost that much every 18-24 months. If it lasted 5 years it’s worth that amount to me, but for just barely 2 years that’s a lot of money to keep spending.

Yes, it can be done cheaper, but it will look like it was done cheaper. And I have sparse hair and light skin. Whenever I get henna tattoos on my hands, instead of the normal 7-10 days mine last 3 days if I’m lucky.  It would last longer on someone with thick dark brows and medium to darker skin tone, but that’s not me.