Respected Contributor
How sad!! I sure hope it has nothing to do with the Kimmy Schmidt show (which is a super cute show, btw!). I can't see Tina Fey doing anything like that, so I really hope that turns out not to be true. I have never seen Dr Brandt before. May he RIP.
Respected Contributor

Dr. Brandt was a bit of an oddball. See his photo in the book A New Kind of Beauty.

Valued Contributor

Dr Brandt’s publicist Jacquie Tractenberg that reads, “He passed away this morning. He was suffering from an illness. Everyone who knows him is devastated.” She added, “I worked with him for over 20 years and he was an amazing man, not only was he a brilliant doctor, but he was the kindest human being.”

http://www.glamour.com/lipstick/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2015/04/breaking-news-famed-der...

he really did seem like the most kind man.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

He did really seem like a lovely man. I love his Microderm scrub.

Also this is a link to the pic of Martin Short playing the derm, Dr. Franff. I watch that show as I love it and I knew immediately that is who they spoofing. I knew it before even hearing the name of the character (Dr. Franff = Dr. Brandt, sounds the same).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3026920/Fredric-Brandt-gave-stars-like-Madonna-Stephanie-Sey...

It has not been confirmed as to whether or not Dr Franff(pictured) is based off of Dr Brandt

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

Dr. Brandt did many charitable acts. He also had a policy to try on himself any procedure he was going to recommend to patients...not many doctors would do that.

I do think Tina Fey is malicious...or her writers are.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/5/2015 FUTURE said: How sad!! I sure hope it has nothing to do with the Kimmy Schmidt show (which is a super cute show, btw!). I can't see Tina Fey doing anything like that, so I really hope that turns out not to be true. I have never seen Dr Brandt before. May he RIP.

I agree, I love it too. I sure hope this isn't true too. I think Tina would be devastated to hear this. I don't see her as being a malicious person at all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor
Yeah, after seeing pics of him and seeing the characters name, I definitely see the correlation.....Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 4/5/2015 FUTURE said: How sad!! I sure hope it has nothing to do with the Kimmy Schmidt show (which is a super cute show, btw!). I can't see Tina Fey doing anything like that, so I really hope that turns out not to be true. I have never seen Dr Brandt before. May he RIP.

I agree, I love it too. I sure hope this isn't true too. I think Tina would be devastated to hear this. I don't see her as being a malicious person at all.

I think I watched the whole season in two days! I need to re-watch it, because there are so many little one-liners and pop culture references in there, you could miss a lot!
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/5/2015 FUTURE said:
On 4/5/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I think I watched the whole season in two days! I need to re-watch it, because there are so many little one-liners and pop culture references in there, you could miss a lot!

lol! Me too. My daughter owns her own little online business doing mongrams on a vinyl machine. She made a mason jar glass to drink out of that she put the lyrics to the Pinot Noir song on. It says Pinot Noir, Roseanne Barr, Midsize car, Myanmar, caviar au revoir. She sold 40 of them her first day alone.

JFK
Respected Contributor
How adorable, Irish!!!!