Contributor

Bikini line hair removal or trimmer.. Any recommendations??

I am tired of shaving and waxing and won't do laser. Anyone use anything they like and does not hurt too muchSmiley Happy thanks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bikini line hair removal or trimmer.. Any recommendations??

I cannot use the depilatory creams or regular razors. They create too much irritation. I have the Finishing Touch that I purchased at the drug store for $10 several years ago. It gives me a clean, silky shave with any irritation (everything irritates me). If it gets to pulling the hair, which it hasn't yet, the blade must be dulling and you will need to replace the whole thing. I don't think you can change out to a new blade. HTH

Contributor

Have you considered electrolysis? (I guess it's still preformed?) I had extensive amounts done in the late '80's and early '90's with perfect results. No regrowth and no scarring. It was expensive, but I've never had a second thought. Some hairs had to be retreated depending where they were in the growth cycle of course.

Honored Contributor

Avon bikini hair remover!! They finally got it back in stock and I bought 10 tubes of this stuff so I won't run out again! Its awesome. Removes like a professional. And the best part it is only $2.99 a tube!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I use the Noxema Bikini Shavers...3pk for $3.29 at Beauty.com or drugstore.com (same company)

I used to buy them at Walmart but can't find them anymore there.

They don't hurt at all, give a pretty close shave, and I don't get any razor bumps or breakouts.

Honored Contributor

The shaver head on the emjoi erase epilator.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 RespectLife said:

I use the Noxema Bikini Shavers...3pk for $3.29 at Beauty.com or drugstore.com (same company)

I used to buy them at Walmart but can't find them anymore there.

They don't hurt at all, give a pretty close shave, and I don't get any razor bumps or breakouts.

Walgreens has them, Walgreens is same company as Drugstore and Beauty.com

Regular Contributor

I prefer not to use chemicals. I bought the Bliss bikini prefect (Phillips trimmer) several years ago and it works pretty well. There are several attachments but I don't use the epilator for that area! It was expensive but really more cost effective than buying razors. Does not result in any irritation.
Honored Contributor

I let mine grow.

Respected Contributor

I would like to try the Avon when it gets back in stock online. They are out right now.

I find that it get irritated no matter what I use, so for now I'm natural, but keep it trimmed low for a cleaner cycle and all.