Esteemed Contributor

Used Nick Chavez Products for the First Time

Yesterday I received my order of 3 items. The Velvet Mesquite Hydrating/Thickening Shampoo and the matching conditioner and also the Pouf Root Lift Styling Spray. Used it this morning and my hair is looking good if I do say so myself! I didn't care for the scent but it isn't following me around if you know what I mean, it seems to have dissipated. Also, the conditioner is a thicker texture than I've ever experienced with any conditioner I've ever used before and thirdly the places I used the styling spray my brush had a bit of a problem going smoothly through my hair as I blow dried, maybe I got carried away and used too much. The pluses, my hair has more volume and shine than it has in a long time. I wanted to try it due to a lot of thinning happening on the top of my head. And I have to say that I didn't have to be fooling around manipulating my hair trying to cover the thinning areas. Next time I use it I'm going to use just the shampoo and conditioner minus the root lift spray to see if I get the same good results. So far, and it's only my first use but if I continue to get the same results I'm going to be a happy camper.

Super Contributor

Re: Used Nick Chavez Products for the First Time

Shaggy girl, I'm glad to hear you really liked Nick's products. I've used his products exclusively for 16 years, and I have very fine, thin hair. My hair is really healthy and I color-treat my hair. His products make my hair look much thicker than it really is. And, when it comes to His products, less is more. His products are highly-concentrated, so you don't need much to do the job. I hope you'll like them as much as I do! Janice
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Jangroomer! I spent quite a bit time outside this afternoon picking up twigs & small branches from the winter storms and it's very blustery here today. My hair was flying all over the place. Came in and ran a plastic type brush through it and it fell right back into place, still fluffy and full. Ordinarily I would have had to get out the "tools" and re-do it.

Esteemed Contributor

shaggygirl, I'm so happy you like the productsSmile We have a thread going here, where we post about the products, sales, etc. Feel free to join us. It's called "Nick Chavez Beauty Thread". I'll find it and bump it up for you.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I just saw that and responded to you on it. You were so very thoughtful to do that. I appreciate it very much!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review, shaggygirl! I ordered that shampoo and conditioner on the 27th...and my package hasn't left Virginia yet.{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

I'm on the West Coast, so it might be another week.

I'm happy using the Nick Chavez advance volume shampoo and conditioner, but wanted to try the new products, and then alternate if I can't decide which one is better for me.

Regular Contributor

shaggygirl, I use mostly all Nick's products. Lately mostly Velvet Mesquite. I just received the shampoo & conditioner but haven't used them yet. I used the VM Restoring Mist and it did a great job untangling my hair. I used the VM styling gel mixed with a drop of the VM serum. The finished it off with the VM hairspray. I have fine hair that is also thinning at the crown and it seems fuller with the Velvet Mesquite products than any of his others. I'm also a big fan of his Plump 'N' Thick Hairspray. That has a stronger hold than the VM which is a medium to strong hold. The shine I am getting is amazing considering I have curly hair that frizzes so easily. No more frizz and much more shine and volume.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Respected Contributor

I have mixed this line of products with my others for years. Not crazy about his root sprays. I get the same results from Suave. Love, love the flocker.

Respected Contributor

Hello, shaggygirl. Smile

I'm happy that Nick's products are working well for you. I've been using his products as well and the color in my hair got....richer, for lack of a better word. I think vibrant would be a better word to describe it.

Nick's conditioners, at least the one I've used, is very thick and comes out like a toothpaste. I tend to more than what the tube says because I have such thick hair.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks All! Raindrop, appreciate the heads up on the Plump 'N' Thick Hairspray. My hair can frizz just reading a forecast for a humid day! Or so it seems. NC Bandwagon, YES, toothpaste is a good way of describing the conditioner, I thought maybe there was something wrong with mine or that perhaps you're supposed to splash water in your hair after applying to thin it out. There are no directions on the tube as to how much to use so I only used about a dime size glob, rubbed it between my palms and applied. My hair is on the short side, a couple of inches longer than host Jane Rudolph Treacy as a comparison. I appreciate all your comments.