Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I tried the Doll 10 original Hydrogel Foundation and was disappointed.  I swore I’d never buy another thing from the line.  I ended up eating my words. I ended up trying the Perfecting Powder and it’s really very nice.  I just ordered the set of 10 lip crayons from QVC the other day. Hoping they’ll be as nice IRL as they seemed on the demo. 

@JeanLouiseFinch , the lip crayons are my favorite.  I like them better than the lipsticks but they aren't a long lasting lip product.  However, I own so many lip products that it doesn't bother me to have to reapply lip color throughout the day.  If I didn't reapply, I'd never use up what I have.  LOL

The only other product I ever tried was the mascara and I didn't like that at all.  Part of the problem was it has those small plastic bristles and I hate those types of wands.  

Well, shoot.  My intention was to do a lipstick overhaul.  I’m not all that keen on needing to reapply often, especially when my husband and I are at an event.  Call me old-fashion, but I’ve always had the understanding that it’s poor manners to do your lipstick in public, that it should be done in the ladies room. Its too late to cancel my order so I’ll likely be returning it.

Valued Contributor

Love love love my doll nude lipsticks and lip gloss, have bought them several times

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I once bought a set of three cream blushes with three matching lipsticks. I was not impressed at all, I haven't bought anything from the line since.

@Jordan2 , I bought that set.  I like and use 2 of the blushes and one I donated because it wasn't a color I would use.  The lipsticks are okay but nothing I reach for much. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Well, shoot.  My intention was to do a lipstick overhaul.  I’m not all that keen on needing to reapply often, especially when my husband and I are at an event.  Call me old-fashion, but I’ve always had the understanding that it’s poor manners to do your lipstick in public, that it should be done in the ladies room. Its too late to cancel my order so I’ll likely be returning it.

@JeanLouiseFinch I don't think these are going to be what you are looking for then.  I reapply them often during my work day in my office.  But I'm also not opposed to pulling these or a gloss out and putting them on at a table if I'm out to dinner, etc.  I can't do that with a lipstick that I need to be more precise with.  LOL

If you want long wearing, Chanel makes a duo lip color/gloss that is very long lasting.  The gloss will wear off but the lipstick part lasts forever.  But at $38.00 a pop, they are out of my comfort zone.  They also make matte lip crayons but they were too matte for me.

For long lasting drugstore, the Maybelline SuperStay Ink Crayon are nice.  I have a few of those and then I put a gloss over the top because again, they are matte.     

Valued Contributor

I love Doll 10. Bought a lot of it back when it was on BeautyIQ a lot with their rep who did the best demos.   I think her pallettes are the best colors.. they blend so well and aren't flashy.

Honored Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I tried the Doll 10 original Hydrogel Foundation and was disappointed.  I swore I’d never buy another thing from the line.  I ended up eating my words. I ended up trying the Perfecting Powder and it’s really very nice.  I just ordered the set of 10 lip crayons from QVC the other day. Hoping they’ll be as nice IRL as they seemed on the demo. 

I ordered those crayons too.  They have been sitting at the post office for 5 days.

I never had an issue with Doll.  AFTER I ordered the crayons I thought about the mask issue.  

Is it worth putting any money into lip products if we can't show our lower face ?

I am NOW focusing on the eyes and eye brow area more.

@sktchy I have a lot of lip products, so I'm not looking to buy more, especially since we have to wear masks. My lips were so dry, I wasn't wearing any balms, lipsticks or glosses. I decided I will wear lip products even if I'm home and not going anywhere, my lips are no longer dry.