Honored Contributor

Need drugstore makeup which is fragrance-free and waterproof

I need recommendations for drugstore items for fragrance-free and waterproof mascara, eyeliner pencil, and some type of makeup.  

I have been doctoring for eye watering and cannot wear regular makeup because the makeup runs and I am a mess!  Can anyone make recommendations for some items which stay put, but will not be horrible to remove?  

I have not really ever worn waterproof because I never needed it before and felt it was awful to remove!  I don't want expensive items because I am experimenting now and may not be able to wear anything!  

Thanks so much for all suggestions! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Need drugstore makeup which is fragrance-free and waterproof

With all the problems you have with being so sensitive to so many things,why not stop using.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

@AngelPuppy1... I highly recommend
L'Oreal Bambi Eye Waterproof mascara. It stays on well AND removes easily. My favorite part is that it holds my curl too. For foundation, I love BareMinerals Original Loose foundation. I've been wearing it daily for more than 16 years! It stays on through heavy yard work. I don't have an eyeliner pencil recommendation because I only use gel liners in a pot with an angled brush.

Good luck to you. I hope you find products that will work for you.

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I have!  I haven't been wearing anything!  I have been feeling so ugly!  My eyes without anything are so blah to begin with.  And my skin without anything is not good - red, broken caps, uneven.  It does not do anything for your self-esteem, I can tell you that!  I have been to the doctor 3 times already for this and have been given 4 different medications and it's helped some but not enough!  I thought I'd like to at least try some products which are fragrance-free and waterproof to see if they would work and at least make me feel human!  

Honored Contributor

@TasMss 

Thank you!  I appreciate the recommendations.  You're very kind!  I don't wear at lot of makeup and don't wear any really when I am home, but I decided if I tried to put a little on it might make me feel better about myself! 

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I just Googled "makeup for sensitive eyes" and it shows a lot of information and products. Clinique, even though not drugstore, has many items for sensitivity, but there are others. I think Physicians Formula has hypoallergenic products. You could even try YouTube. 

I know that I feel better if I look better, so I understand why you want to wear it. You just need to find products that work for you - they are out there, so don't give up. 🙂

F/N/A luvstogarden
Contributor

Almay is a drugstore brand that is hypoallergenic and fragrance free. They have eyeliner, mascara, foundation, blush, etc.

Honored Contributor

I would use a setting spray instead of any kind of waterproof foundation. I have recommended this MILANI product several times here. It's got hundreds of top reviews for it and you can get it at b&m stores for less than $10.

GUEST_f899cbeb-aee3-4527-87dd-3428f5629be5.jpg

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Hi I too have very sensitive eyes . I have blepharitis ,so while i dont have tearing . I have very sensitve eyes and can get very big painful things that look like big whiteheads on my lids and lashlines. While working from home . I am not wearing eyemakeup . What I have found that makes a huge difference is filling in my eyebrows .  I found that just by filling in my brows makes a huge difference, and really opens up the eyes . When I do wear mascara I find Thrive Causmetics is great . It is not drugstore but sold at Ulta . 1 coat really gives a full look. If I do wear shadows for going out I try to wear just a single wash of color . I can't recommend a drugstore one I use Senna. I will say for me more important than the eyemakup is the removal of it . I hav tried several eyemakeup removers even ones for sensitive skin , which iritated by eyes terribly . I have had luck with the the Inkey List Oat cleansing balm very soothing and fragrance free . It is sold at Sephora with a good price 9.99 for a 5 once tube . 

I understand you perfectly since I am 57  and in the 80s and 90s eyemakeup was worn  all day everyday . Hope this helps 

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 

Thank you!  I have been trying to be patient, but I am so tired of looking so blah all the time.  When you look blah, it makes you feel all the more blah!  And there is so much out there on-line when you are looking, it is overwhelming!