Respected Contributor

Does this cleanser even exist?

I have tried so many cleansers since my skin became more dry.  Used to be able to use anything, and my favorite became purity made simple by philosophy.

Now I cannot use it.  I haven't found ANY cleanser that doesn't leave my skin dry and tight.  I have used oils, balms (IT Cosmetics), you name it, I have tried it.  I was shocked that oil left my skin dry!

Is there anything I may have not tried that would cleanse without that painful, tight, feeling?

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: Does this cleanser even exist?

Have you tried CeraVe?  Walmart carries it and it might be what you are looking for.  (It's not expensive and very moisturizing without being greasy)  It might be worth a try if you no longer can use Purity.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The paulas choice resist cleanser for normal to dry skin in the dark blue bottle does not leave your skin dry. It's very creamy. I probably won't repurchase because it is a little pricey for a cleanser. But it would probably work well. But it probably won't take off makeup very well. I only use it in the morning on clean skin.

Contributor

@hyacinth003, REN Cleansing Balm has worked great on my dry skin.  Like so many products,  it's now being packaged in a tube instead of a jar.  I'm going to buy one after I'm almost finished with my jar though. It has a delicious rosy fragrance and can be left on the skin as a hydrater for 3 or so minutes before removing.  

I've also been using WEN Products on my face and am loving the results.  Good luck!  

Trusted Contributor

DHC Cleansing Oil

Honored Contributor

What about good old Ponds?  I noticed it in the drugstore the other day.  I believe they even have different formulas and also moisturizers.

Have you tried the micellar waters?  Not sure if I spelled this right.  Several companies have them out now.  I buy one from Simple but I know lots of brands are out.  You simply put some on a cotton pad and swipe across your face.  Very gentle.

Another thing I use are the disposable cleansing clothes in the little packets.  I buy Oil of Olay - they have different formulas.  I buy the sensitive skin one.  I also use CVS brand (sensitive skin) and they work well, remove all my makeup, leave my skin very soft and don't strip the oils. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 If your skin has always been on the dry side then Purity can be very drying & will take time for your skin to get back to normal. The oils & balms should not make your skin drier. Are you using a new serum that is drying you out? In the meantime, I would suggest spraying your face with a Rose Water Spray before applying a hydrating moisturizer then seal it in with Argan oil  or an oil of your choice & thruout the day, spray with the rose water wether you wear makeup or not..You might also find using Organic Coconut oil to cleanse using a warm wash cloth to remove your makeup would work..Make sure your drinking enough water.

Respected Contributor

My skin is dry and this winter I have been using the Boots No.7 melting cleansing balm and loving it. I also agree with good old Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. I used it as well on my winter chapped skin, I was reminded how soft and protected my skin felt afterwards. In the Summer, I revert back to CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser unless I have gobs of make-up on,

I also like Neutrogena Hydrating wipes in a pinch.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried Victoria Principal's cleansers? Any one of them. Lotion type, doesn't strip, cleans thoroughly, including eye makeup, doesn't sting, doesn't need a toner afterward because it cleanses so well, and you never get a tight, dried out feeling.

The VP cleanser devotees like me just love them!

The only problem is that you can't run out to your favorite store to grab one off the shelf.

Respected Contributor

Erno Laszlo double cleanse in hydrate formula oil and soap.

You can purchase $10.00 samples from Sephora or the EL website. No animal testing, and several formulas to choose from-hydrate just 1 of them.