Respected Contributor

My stylist bought a Dyson hair dryer (I have a T3) she blowed dryed my hair and styled without the use of any other tools.  A FIRST ever!!!

Overall the whole process was fast and my hair looked great.

Even so I can not see $$$$ for a hairdryer, maybe if I thought I could manage the hairdryer and the brush........ no maybe not even then!

But for those with talent! Good luck, it does a great job.

Trusted Contributor

I had no idea Dyson also did hair dryers/tools. That sounds great and that it worked well for you. Is very pricy I gathered? Hehehe I have to admit I was thinking Wow a Dyson Vacuum use in beauty hahahaha Maybe I could suck the extra padding outa my thighs LOL. Or maybe vacuum the wrinkles out? LOL. Anyway thanks and do they sell that tool on QVC? I have been looking for a good hair dryer but I cant spend a whole bunch either right now. xxxxxxxxxxx Stormy

Honored Contributor

Such an expensive dryer might make sense for a busy stylist if it means that s/he can complete an extra customer for every hour on the schedule.  I know the stylists love me -- with my short, thin hair I'm money in the bank -  they charge me the same for a blowout that takes 10 minutes tops as they do another customer that takes a half hour or more.  That Dyson can probably do lots of clients in my 10 minutes!

Respected Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

I had no idea Dyson also did hair dryers/tools. That sounds great and that it worked well for you. Is very pricy I gathered? Hehehe I have to admit I was thinking Wow a Dyson Vacuum use in beauty hahahaha Maybe I could suck the extra padding outa my thighs LOL. Or maybe vacuum the wrinkles out? LOL. Anyway thanks and do they sell that tool on QVC? I have been looking for a good hair dryer but I cant spend a whole bunch either right now. xxxxxxxxxxx Stormy

Holy cow, @Stormygirl, I know you're kidding, but I've had my eye on a manual suction-type device that's supposed to revitalize your skin, not exactly suction the impurities out but stimulate its functions out of sluggishness. The Q is also selling the Conture for nearly $200 that does the same thing.

Well, why not just use a regular old vacuum cleaner? It'd be worth it to buy a separate connector (the kind used to fit attachments from other vacs) and a crevice tool and use them exclusively on your face. Then suction away! Why wouldn't this work just as well as the Conture? You could even get a little Shop Vac and dedicate it to the purpose. There's a cute one with a pink canister, a 2.5 gallon wet/dry model called the All Around EZ for less than $45 on Amazon. This way you could safely use liquids on your face while suctioning. And who knows, it might even get rid of wrinkles! Woman LOL