Honored Contributor

A cream to powder foundation. I think it's what I need. The Q only shows one and I'm sure there are more out there.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone here use this?

@Judaline I use Mac Studio Fix Tech Foundation.

It's a cream to powder.

Looks pretty on. Wears well on my combo skin. Doesn't break me out!

Trusted Contributor

Is Bare Minerals considered cream to powder?  It's creamy powder.  LOL

All kidding aside, I do like this line.  Like many here, in its hay day on the Q, I used all the products.  Then i moved on to other lines and products. 

A while a go I tried it again and I do like it.  I use the Bisque in the original shade most of the time.  I tried the original foundation again and it's good, but I think the Bisque is better coverage wise as a concealer.  I don't normally need all over coverage.  It's a small jar so that might be a consideration, if you wanted to use it all over.  .

I also really love the buxom lip glosses.  

Valued Contributor

I think the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation Stick is very nice.  Has a beautiful matte velvet finish, fast, easy to use and blend.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Is Bare Minerals considered cream to powder?  It's creamy powder.  LOL

All kidding aside, I do like this line.  Like many here, in its hay day on the Q, I used all the products.  Then i moved on to other lines and products. 

A while a go I tried it again and I do like it.  I use the Bisque in the original shade most of the time.  I tried the original foundation again and it's good, but I think the Bisque is better coverage wise as a concealer.  I don't normally need all over coverage.  It's a small jar so that might be a consideration, if you wanted to use it all over.  .

I also really love the buxom lip glosses.  

@justashopper   Of course, it'spersoanl choice, but I haven't been able to wear a powder foundation for many years. It appeared heavy and chalky. I loved my BM powder, too, but once I hit 50, I had to go to a creamier product.

I think BM knew that as well and started coming out with liquids, tinted moisturizers and other "foundations" that sit lighter on the skin.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Shanus 

You're right as much as BM was supposed to be the anti-liquid foundation, the natural growth of the line was to find a way to offer a liquid or cream.

Have you tried the liquid or cream BM products?  I have not.  I only use the Bisque and not all over.  All over powder is a big no no for me.  

The other downside to BM foundation (for me) it became itchy.  I remember the advice at that time was to wash the brushes.  But that didn't help me.  

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @Shanus 

You're right as much as BM was supposed to be the anti-liquid foundation, the natural growth of the line was to find a way to offer a liquid or cream.

Have you tried the liquid or cream BM products?  I have not.  I only use the Bisque and not all over.  All over powder is a big no no for me.  

The other downside to BM foundation (for me) it became itchy.  I remember the advice at that time was to wash the brushes.  But that didn't help me.  

@justashopper   BM powder used to have a bismuth ingredient in it that did cause issues for many people. I'm not sure if it's still in there.

Honored Contributor

Fenty makes a powder foundation that feels creamy in the pan... But not a wet cream, just a very creamy powder if that makes sense.  It's easy to adjust the amount you wear depending on the brush you use to apply it. I still wear it but I've always used plenty of hydration under it plus a primer.

Respected Contributor

@justashopper BM original mineral powder foundation is still a big seller. Its starts off as a powder but if buffed in well (many videos on you tube) it looks natural & not powdery at all. If not buffed enough it will look like a powder. I also use Complexion Rescue. If you use a light application of Complexion Rescue then top it off with BM Original, you will get more coverage & they work beautifully together. I don't wear foundation that often but in the heat of the summer BM original is my go to when I do... I haven't had Bisque for a while but do like it! I tryed using other products but I alway went back to BM.