Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know Of Rhodan and Fields?

I have a friend that sells it and then there are the 2 other people in my circle that sell Younique makeup.  One of the Younique ladies got really annoying with the FB advertising there for awhile.  (I really hate when people add you to their product page instead of inviting you to join.) Luckily, I don't think the other two have figured out how to annoy people on FB trying to sell their products.  So, every Christmas, birthday, etc. I get a R&F present of some product sample.  I don't know about the Younique products, but I understand the R&F products are pricey from one of my other friends that does use the products.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know Of Rodan and Fields?

Rodan and Fields is a separate company from the Proactiv one. After the success of the Proactiv line which is owned by Guthy Renker, Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields founded their Rodan and Fields company. They used to sell it on QVC but I don't think it sold well as it was expensive and it wasn't that differentiated in people's minds from Proactiv which was also sold on QVC and Guthy Renker infomercials.

Later on they sold their company to Estee Lauder. The company didn't do well and they eventually bought it back from Estee Lauder. Then they decided to sell their Rodan and Fields products via multi level marketing and that's where they are today.

Honored Contributor

Woman who's blog I read is a rep.

she talks about it on her blog

Valued Contributor

The son and daughter-in-law of a friend of mine are selling this.  They must be making a lot of money as they have a new home, go on lavish trips (for the company), post about their sales meetings, etc.  The DIL even quit her teaching job to do this full time.  I don't know any specifics but some really like it and recruit other sellers.  Not my cup of tea but to each his own.   

I have another friend who just sells it and sends subtle messages on FB but does not bombard with her sales pitch.  Her skin has greatly improved.  She is just in it for making some money, not going to all of the destination meetings, etc.

Contributor

I know someone on FB who sells this.  She posts something about it at least once a day.  I've noticed the only people who ever like the posts or respond are other sellers.   

Regular Contributor

Yes, it's a typical MLM/Pyramid deal.  A neighbor sold it for awhile but finally quit because he said he didn't make any $$ doing it-he'd post on social media twice a day at least to which nobody would react other than himself, his family and other R&F people, had decals on his vehicle, did specials/sales but not worth his time and trouble.

I know some who have tried it and what they said isn't very good-it's expensive, didn't do anything for their face, they liked the lash product but that is waaaay too expensive especially when you can find less expensive products, they also want you to sign up for auto delivery with your credit card but when they tried to cancel, or skip their credit card would still be charged and after several attempts to get R&F from charging their card they finally just had to dispute the charges with their CC company and cancel the card, they were also hounded to become a consultant-at least just to save $$ on their product. 

You can also do some looking on the BBB about the company.

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried it and it was too harsh for my skin.  I know a couple of other people who use it and love it, though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I"ve had several women I've met at different locales--all try to befriend me and then get into discussions about how I"d be perfect to sell Rodan and Field part time due to my "beautiful skin", etc.  It's the biggest con.  I always am suspect when someone I've never met before is super friendly to me, showers a few compliments, engages in a conversation, then proceeds to ask about what I do as far as a career, etc.  Many times I'm noticing they are trying to recruit me. It won't happen.

I will never get involved in any pyramid scheme.  First of all, I do not have a huge circle of local friends.  Many of my friends live in 5 different states.  I have a few locally that I go out with, but one sells it herself and the other is a CEO of a non profit and has 0 time to do much outside of work and family.  The others are too busy too.  So, I don't want to drum up business with people I don't know in order to be successful.

The one local friend I ordered the Lash Boost from isn't even selling it.  She's a sales rep like me for a biotech company and has 2 kids--no time to be selling skin care.  I just reordered it from the woman who got her involved and paid $160 with s/h and tax.    This woman supposedly quit her full time job to sell Monet and Rodan and Fields.  She works super hard and is always posting on facebook etc.  I heard she's making over 100K selling these 2 lines and has a family and busy life. 

I think if you want to put the time into it, you can succeed.  Overall, I'd never buy the rest of their skincare.  I only will buy their lash product from time to time.  I already have a lot of skincare that I'm trying to use up and what I have is working for the most part. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"