Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Know Of Rhodan and Fields?

There's a party type makeup and supposedly amazing skin care line called Rhodan and Feilds.  Apparently, a lot of women are really making money.  Pictures of the results are quite something.  Just wondering from an antiaging perspective.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know Of Rhodan and Fields?

I guess they're onto something since I first heard about microneedling/dermaroller from them back in 2010. Now it's all the rage.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

I just started using their lash booster, as one of my coworkers has had amazing results with it helping her thin and sparse lashes. They are so full and lush! Hope I have the same results. She also likes some of their other skin products.

If the other products are like the lash booster, their items are quite expensive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know someone who sold this for a short amount of time.  It's a typical pyramid scheme.  I'm guessing she didn't make much money or she would still be selling it.

I did buy an entire regimen from her but I didn't like it at all.  It was far too harsh for my skin.  They provided me with a schedule to slowly introduce the products to my skin to try and alleviate any issues but it didn't help.  Eventually I used up all the products but I would never buy again and I never noticed a difference in my skin other than horrible dry patches. 

As far as I know, they don't sell make-up like foundation, blush, lipsticks, etc.  They concentrate on your skin being great so you don't need make-up.

Valued Contributor

I know someone that has sold this the past few year.  I don't think it has helped her that much....just saying.

I haven't had any personal experience with this product.

Honored Contributor

I never get involved in any multi-level marketing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Here is an article from Allure talking about Roden and Fields

https://www.allure.com/story/rodan-fields-skin-care-consultants

"There's no question that consultants are motivated to sign up new recruits. In the multilevel-marketing business model, a salesperson makes a commission from every product she sells. But if she gets a friend to sign on as a salesperson, she also makes a commission from every product her friend sells."

"One East Coast mother says she's been approached multiple times by everyone from the woman who does her brows to childhood acquaintances she hasn't seen for decades."

This has happened to me recently, an acquaintance I have not seen for decades befriended me on facebook.  And then she has been bombarding me with messages trying to sell me Roden and Fields products.  It is kind of annoying.

Contributor

It is very expensive. Someone told me the people who make Proactive make this.

Honored Contributor

Rhodan and Fields are the 2 female dermatologists that produce Proactive.  I've heard great things about their recent products, but I understand it's pretty expensive.  However, if the results are evident, then the price point can be justified.

Honored Contributor

Oh that lousy feeling when someone cool you thought wanted to be your new friend--turns out they didn't even like you and just wanted you to become their worker underling selling stuff for them in their downline scheme. It's happened to me more than twice and I felt genuinely hurt! Guess my niceness and friendliness shouts chump to some. Grrrrrrr. Cat Frustrated

I do not like multi level marketing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr