Super Contributor

Re: Do you wash your face in the morning?

I exfoliate every morning ... just wash my face to remove makeup before I go to bed. I let my skin ""breathe"" overnight.

I'm 71 - skin is in good shape.

Trusted Contributor

I wash with CeraVe hydrating cleanser in the morning.

Honored Contributor

I wash, but if you don't want to, at least splash your face with water for hydration. You skin needs it, and your skin care products will be more effectively absorbed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I wash every morning, then the moisturizer and any make-up if necessary. In the evening, I wash/clean my face and let it naturally do it's thing. No problems.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

I usually workout in the morning so my face gets washed in the ensuing shower.

Otherwise I just use a facial wipe. Mostly to remove what's left of the previous day's eyeliner and mascara!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I should have mentioned in my earlier post that coincidentally, I had received an e-mail notice yesterday that a blogger I subscribe to on YouTube whom I like because she often discusses whether something is a beauty fact or a beauty myth and who is very knowledgeable has a new video entitled "Beauty Fact of Fiction: Do you really need to wash your face twice a day?"

So when I saw this thread, I actually wondered whether the OP might have seen the video. If anyone's interested, just google "Veronica Gorgeois - YouTube."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I use Isomers daily exfoliating cleanser with tea tree oil in the morning & Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash in the evening the majority of the time. I do use Adovia dead sea mineral soap or black soap sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Yes... mainly to get the dog hair and dog spit off it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

At night I use a cleansing oil and follow-up products. In the morning, I use an exfoliating enzyme powder and then my follow-up products.

Honored Contributor

I rinse my face in the morning in the shower. I scrub my face clean every night.