Valued Contributor

Do you wash your face in the morning?

I spend a lot of money on skin care. I always wondered if I should cleanse thoroughly in the a.m. since I put $ products on my face at night. Wouldn't just a splash of warm water be enough in the a.m? I have combination/ sensitive skin but am in my 70's. A lady on HSN who sells beauty products once said she doesn't wash her face in the morning as she still wants the nightly products to keep working. This was Amanda Borghese of Perlier.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wash your face in the morning?

I wash my face with bar soap in the shower and moisturize while my face is still damp. Then I clean my face with a towelette at night and moisturize before bed.
Respected Contributor

I use an exfoliating cleanser in the morning.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

In the morning, I only wash with a damp cloth--no cleanser.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I just rinse in the morning and apply Vit C before mu.

Honored Contributor

I don't always wash with cleanser in the morning. It depends on what I did the night before. I agree you could be washing off something that's still working. I have normal skin tone.

Super Contributor

Yes, I wash my face every morning and use toner then moisturizer. It makes such a big difference in the way my skin looks.

Super Contributor

I generally only use a warm washcloth and wipe my face/neck in the mornings. There really shouldn't be a need to use a cleanser.

Esteemed Contributor

I wash my face every morning. It's generally not with an expensive product though. I use Cetaphil, or Boots 7.

Respected Contributor

I think that I need to wash my face in the morning. Several reasons: I don't wash my pillow case every night, so there is dust, hair products, whatever on my pillow case. And, my dogs are on & off of my bed, so there is "dog dust", too. LOL

I know none of you ladies drool in your sleep, but if you did...

Have you ever had a clean car that has gotten a few raindrops on it & you see the dust that has collected there? I figure it's sort of the same thing with my face. Cell turnover, dust whatever & then I splash water on it, isn't really going to clean it.

And, I have oily skin, so I don't use the same type of product during the day that I use at night, so I want to wash that off & start fresh.