Super Contributor

Do you prefer a dewy face or a matte face???

I know some people like dewy but I always associate dewy with oily. I prefer a matte look to my face. Just wondering what others prefer and why.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you prefer a dewy face or a matte face???

I prefer dewy. Matte seems to show every line & wrinkle where dewy seems to diffuse them a little. Plus it gives me a younger look to my face instead of old & dry.

Problem is I haven't been able to find a good foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB Cream that really does the job.

I would love to hear other suggestions also.

Regular Contributor

On 3/21/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I know some people like dewy but I always associate dewy with oily. I prefer a matte look to my face. Just wondering what others prefer and why.

I feel the same way, when I was a teenager my skin was oily and I was constantly trying for the matte look. I still associate dewy with oily. At 58 I am like Goldilocks I don't want too dewy or too matte, I want my makeup to look "just right"{#emotions_dlg.tt1} Some days it works some days not!

Honored Contributor

Dewy. When I was younger and it was harder to achieve... I liked more of a matte look, but these days, I like just a tad of shine.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Dewey. I like the look of moist, hydrated skin.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

The older I get, the more I lean towards dewy. I'm 43, and although I have very good skin, matte isn't as flattering as it used to be :-(
Valued Contributor

Dewy. Or as close as I can get.
Honored Contributor

I guess it's called "dewy" face because after I put on all of my makeup I spray my face with glitter power that came in what looks like an old perfume bottle (with the ball to squeeze and all).

It has 'glistening powder' in it. I've barely used it and I spray it on my face almost every day when I am leaving the house.

It is wonderful. The glistening catches the light and lights up my face. People have told me it makes me look younger. (Hummmm, I do know friends lie to you). Ha!

Super Contributor

Hmmm, can I add satin as a category? I don't want to be too matte and I don't like to look dewy either.

Honored Contributor

I'm with you, Katluvr58. I don't necessarily believe that matte has to mean dry, but my impression of dewy = greasy. Even at 56, I prefer a matte finish. Since I'm careful about taking care of my skin, it works for me.