Honored Contributor

Re: Do you pat, dab or rub in your face serum and moisturiser?

I do not use serums. For my moisturizers, I spread on my face and gently rub in.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

None of the above. I smooth on my moisturizer, don't use serums.

Super Contributor

I massage my face whether I'm using soap and water, moisturizer, etc. I've been doing daily for almost 40 years with no ill effects.

Honored Contributor

When I watch the demos, it almost seems like the product wouldn't absorb because of the light pats. I wouldn't have the patience to pat it on. I've always rubbed it on.

Honored Contributor

On 6/27/2014 graycatsrule said:

When I watch the demos, it almost seems like the product wouldn't absorb because of the light pats. I wouldn't have the patience to pat it on. I've always rubbed it on.

I agree. Try thinking about it as not patting lightly, but pressing gently. A pat is a quick movement to me and this isn't quick. Try the Clarins demos to see.

And I like not having the patience for my skincare. If I slow down a little, it feels like pampering instead of getting something over with.

Honored Contributor

I tend to gently rub it in except for under the eye where I lightly pat products...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

All of the above. I'm more gentle around my eyes (I don't pull the skin there) but I do tap lightly there too. Skin is a living organ and I believe stimulation is good for it. Also, some of the popular skincare presenters say that tapping the product into your skin makes it go deeper. Not sure if that's true (I wouldn't be surprised either way) but on places like my neck that can take brisk tapping, I do it.

Frequent Contributor

I love all the different takes on this. I used to be like stinkysocks - grateful when I even had time to wash my face, so exhausted at night I literally slapped on moisturiser before falling in bed. Now that the kids are grown and I'm not working outside the home I actually have time to try to undo the damage of neglect and sun exposure.

I do think there is some benefit to massage, when I've had facials my face was definitely healthier immediately.

I'm going to watch the Clarins videos and schedule a facial where I will stay awake and actually pay attention to what they do. Thanks everyone!

Frequent Contributor

PS sorry for the multiple misspellings of moisturizer - auto spell check has been fixed

Respected Contributor

On 6/27/2014 StinkySocks said:

honestly I've got little patience and just slap it on as quickly as possible

Me too!