Honored Contributor

Re: Do you give makeup as a gift?

I have gifted mostly lip glosses or lipstick sets as you can't go wrong with those because of the wide array of colors in these gift sets.

I would like to drag one of my GFs to a Lancome cosmetic counter so she can find the right foundation to use as she is fair and blotchy and would look much better with foundation.

Sometimes we want to help our GFs because we care about them, you know?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I have included lipstick in a gift bag for my mom on Mother's Day, but I have not give a makeup kit. I like to purchase one or two individual items instead of kits.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I do to my daughter, but I know what she likes. 

I gift makeup to my daughter, too, but not exactly for Christmas or her birthday.  It's usually when I find something she likes on sale and I know it's something she can't afford.  For instance, she likes IT CC Cream, and the supersize is available this month.  I'll probably order one and just give it to her.  

Honored Contributor

I give my mother lip stick for gifts, that's about it.

Valued Contributor

Oh, yes, the girls in my office love it!  Especially lipsticks and glosses, and the more basic eyeshadow shades.  I've also given perfume samplers to the girls I know are fragrance freaks who love trying new scents.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Super Contributor

I try to resupply my daughter what she likes in make up at Christmas, and did the same for my Mom when she was living. I always buy her a really nice fragerance for her, too as this was one of the things my Dad spoiled me and my Mom with every Christmas.

Respected Contributor

Yes, but only to someone very close to me and I knew what brands/colors/products they like. My mom is one that I would buy for.
Honored Contributor

Last year I gave away a couple of It brush sets when they were on sale at Ulta. As for makeup, just my daughter but, like Jean, not just on birthdays or holidays
Trusted Contributor

I have 2 nieces who are in their 20's and I often give them makeup at Christmas, usually lip glosses.  But I also often give them Ulta gift cards so they can choose their own items.  I also give them freebies or extras I've gotten in makeup kits and the like that I won't use.  Always brand new items and I let them "fight" over what they want.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Maybe to a friend if I know for sure it's something she will like. My MIL & SIL's don't wear makeup, 1 of my sisters is really sensitive & picky & my other sister has things she already likes to use.