Honored Contributor

Interesting article about P&G's research that may help "cure" some skin diseases

Here is just a small gist:

Procter & Gamble Co. scientists who worked on Head & Shoulders shampoo participated in a study that could lead to treatment for a variety of skin diseases.

In what’s being hailed as breakthrough research, the international team of scientists focused on a fungus called Malassezia. The microbe can cause dandruff, eczema and the scaly rash known as seborrheic dermatitis. It’s also associated with skin cancer.

Rest of the artile. http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2015/11/06/p-g-s-breakthrough-research-could-help-cure-th...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Interesting article about P&G's research that may help "cure" some skin diseases

@HappyDaze wrote:

Procter & Gamble Co. scientists who worked on Head & Shoulders shampoo participated in a study that could lead to treatment for a variety of skin diseases.

In what’s being hailed as breakthrough research, the international team of scientists focused on a fungus called Malassezia. The microbe can cause dandruff, eczema and the scaly rash known as seborrheic dermatitis. It’s also associated with skin cancer.

Rest of the artile. http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2015/11/06/p-g-s-breakthrough-research-could-help-cure-th...

@HappyDaze I developed a slight but oh so red sore case of eczema after my mom died last year and pain and stress I guess just got me.. then cared for my dad a year...now it flares up but is always kinda there :/ felt very much like an immune disorder by my symptoms but in depth bloodwork was good.. making it very frustrating. I was even thinking it was a psoriatic arthritis.. I knew about that but my bloodwork and biopsy's said no to any.. praise God but we need breakthroughs, it ruins peoples lives and I know a few..I'm surprised a research company didn't find out sooner about this microbe. Hubby has the SebDerm and Psor. I am glad this microbe was discovered..hoping it provides useful. Will bookmark this TY! PS: my sis is a doc and I will tell her about it...I always do w/new skin finds and info as she sometimes doesn't know tee-hee!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting article about P&G's research that may help "cure" some skin diseases

As a person who has suffered with eczema and seborrhea dermatitis I hope this research helps people. There can be other factors that affect healthy skin so it may not be a cure-all for everyone, but any insight into these aggravating conditions is welcome. 

Honored Contributor

Too bad that P & G uses animal testing for all of their products.

You'd think there's got to be another way to test and do research without testing on animals.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

HappyDaze, thank you for the article!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze I developed a slight but oh so red sore case of eczema after my mom died last year and pain and stress I guess just got me.. then cared for my dad a year...now it flares up but is always kinda there :/ felt very much like an immune disorder by my symptoms but in depth bloodwork was good.. making it very frustrating. I was even thinking it was a psoriatic arthritis.. I knew about that but my bloodwork and biopsy's said no to any.. praise God but we need breakthroughs, it ruins peoples lives and I know a few..I'm surprised a research company didn't find out sooner about this microbe. Hubby has the SebDerm and Psor. I am glad this microbe was discovered..hoping it provides useful. Will bookmark this TY! PS: my sis is a doc and I will tell her about it...I always do w/new skin finds and info as she sometimes doesn't know tee-hee!

@mimi5775 I am so sorry for all you are going through. It sounds so painful. It really does sound alot like psoriatic arthritis but if they checked for that then it must not be. But remember this, stress is a POWERFUL strain on our bodies. Stress literally can kill and/or can manifest in our bodies in various ways, such as possibly what you are describing, amongother things; unexplained rashes, painful joints and muscles, and, of course, the obvious things like higher blood pressure, etc. Please please please try to find ways to relieve your stress as much as you can. I don't know if you do this already but get a little exercise in at least 5 days a week, eat healthy, etc. All these things will help reduce stress and help you to deal better with all you are dealing with. I promise you that. Take care and be well.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Too bad that P & G uses animal testing for all of their products.

You'd think there's got to be another way to test and do research without testing on animals.

I know it makes me sad and that is one reason I do not buy any of their products. But, sad to say, ALL research done on skin conditions and diseases is done on animals. Any medication you or anyone in your family may takes was developed by testing on animals. Maybe some day that will change...

Honored Contributor

@susan kay you are welcome. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting, interesting info.  I do hope this ends up helping people suffering from skin problems.

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mimi5775 I am so sorry for all you are going through. It sounds so painful. It really does sound alot like psoriatic arthritis but if they checked for that then it must not be. But remember this, stress is a POWERFUL strain on our bodies. Stress literally can kill and/or can manifest in our bodies in various ways, such as possibly what you are describing, amongother things; unexplained rashes, painful joints and muscles, and, of course, the obvious things like higher blood pressure, etc. Please please please try to find ways to relieve your stress as much as you can. I don't know if you do this already but get a little exercise in at least 5 days a week, eat healthy, etc. All these things will help reduce stress and help you to feal better with all you are dealing with. I promise you that. Take care and be well.

Thanks for such kind concern @HappyDaze..you are so sweet! I soooo agree stress has made everything come on and flare up. I have Fibromylgia but this is different ! I was working as a nurse in hospice jobs sometimes 15 hours or more for years and did it! Until my mom took ill and that was my last case for now if I go back to that position. Anyway she did pass last yr. and taking on more stress I thought I could take and changes in family dynamics wow...threw me over the edge. My GI probs to the skin and hair loss too. I am taking care if me now ..set up my  2 major appointments I've postponed. Stress manifests itself in our body I'm very aware of this it's just the mind stopping it! Now that stress is less in ways I'm taking care. I think also doctors do not as we kinds know do not have all the answers! And sometimes a diagnosis is wrong. I've seen so often omgosh it's unreal. So I take very superior figs oils 4 times a day and much more and try my very best to right. Happydaze, I do not exercise....it hurts sometimes when things flare but must and you reminding me will get this tail moving! You betcha!!. You take care too! Ty again for your kindness

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky