Honored Contributor

Re: Do you do this with eyeliner?

@Shanus wrote:

<snip>

@Icegoddess  Liner done all wrong under the eye can make you look tired and harsh. Don’t even mention the smearing factor if using eye cream and concealer. If I do use a pencil liner underneath (brides, photo shoots that need eyes really divined), I go over the line w/ a very fine brush dipped into the same shade of shadow to “set” the pencil. 

@Shanus

You must really have some super secrets if you can divined eyes!

Might want to hold on to those!

Dont’cha love auto-correct?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I no longer use any eye  make up. Occasionally a little mascara,

Eye makeup on 60 plus woman looks SO BAD.

@SeaMaiden I know you'll have a lot of people here disagree with you, me being one of them. If done tastefully, eye makeup can look beautiful on a more mature woman. 

Respected Contributor

LOL @Drythe

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden I know you'll have a lot of people here disagree with you, me being one of them. If done tastefully, eye makeup can look beautiful on a more mature woman. 

It really depends upon the individual. Generalizations generally Smiley Happy don't work. I'm a person who looks rather dead without some eye makeup (at least concealer above and below, liner, and mascara -- I could probably get away with no shadow but I like it).

I'm not saying that I won't show my face with makeup, but it does make me look alive, which I consider a good thing.

@Texasmouse& @SeaMaiden

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'm one of those 60's+ ladies who enjoys wearing eye makup.  Not every day for sure.  But, for church or special occasion I think it's a must for me.  Most days I wear no makeup at all, and I'm equally as comfortable going out in public like that although I know I look better with a little makeup on.  So, on days when I'm meeting up with friends or for appointments and such I'll wear just a BB cream or tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone, eyebrows, and a little blush.  

I don't believe in limits just because of an age.  

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

<snip>

@Icegoddess  Liner done all wrong under the eye can make you look tired and harsh. Don’t even mention the smearing factor if using eye cream and concealer. If I do use a pencil liner underneath (brides, photo shoots that need eyes really divined), I go over the line w/ a very fine brush dipped into the same shade of shadow to “set” the pencil. 

@Shanus

You must really have some super secrets if you can divined eyes!

Might want to hold on to those!

Dont’cha love auto-correct?

@Drythe  Actually auto-correct is sometimes helpful since I’m not a great speller, but geeeeez...I try to proofread my posts and missed this. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Texasmouse  I agree w/ @SeaMaiden. Definition of the eyes is one of the first things to go. Eye makeup, lightly applied, gives that back.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Texasmouse  I agree w/ @SeaMaiden. Definition of the eyes is one of the first things to go. Eye makeup, lightly applied, gives that back.

@Shanus agreeing with SeaMaiden would mean that you think "eye makeup on 60 plus woman loos SO BAD".  Your last statement doesn't seem to support her view.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus agreeing with SeaMaiden would mean that you think "eye makeup on 60 plus woman loos SO BAD".  Your last statement doesn't seem to support her view.

@Texasmouse  Apologies. You’re correct, I was looking at another post, not SeaMaiden’s. 

Respected Contributor

I line my upper just above my lashes and under my lower lashes with a thin line, after applying my shadow.      I like the look and I personally don't think it makes me look older.  No smudges or streaks.  Then I add my mascara.