Honored Contributor

Do you do this with eyeliner?

[ Edited ]

Do you line the inner rim of your lower lashes or do you line under your lashes?  I have never  used liner on the inner rim but I like the look.

Do you do the tightline on the top of your eyes near your lashes?

I just read that these can cause eye infections tho.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you do this with eyeliner?

Talk about your rhetorical questions....geesh

Honored Contributor

I don't line my lower eyeline at all.  I only line the upper lid above the lash line.  I would never dare do inside.  I agree with the unsanitary and irritation factor.  

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs  IMO lining inside the bottom lashes makes eyes look smaller, and as you say, maybe not healthy either.  I do line closely under my bottom lash line with a colored liner.  I use a black liner on the top lash line (as close as I can get to the lashes.  I also like to include a green or teal colored liner right above the black (I have big lids, so I have plenty of room to do this).

What I've noticed as I've aged is that both top and bottom lids start to droop, and you can wind up with a weird white space between your lashes and your eyeball.  This is why it's important to use a fine tip liner so you can get right

into the lash line.  (I'm trying hard not to look like a bloodhound.)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fitfuninformed   

ccccc.png

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I outline the bottom and the top.  I don't do the water line because I don't have large eyes.

Valued Contributor

Hi @CherryHugs 

I do line my lower inner water line.  I prefer a water proof liquid eyeliner for the lower lash line.  And I tight line beneath the upper lashes too but with a pencil eyeliner.

I never line on the upper portion (top) of my eyelid because on me, it looks a bit heavy.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Do you line the inner rim of your lower lashes or do you line under your lashes?  I have never  used liner on the inner rim but I like the look.

Do you do the tightline on the top of your eyes near your lashes?

I just read that these can cause eye infections tho.

@CherryHugs  Lining the inner rim of lower lashes (unless eyes are large) can close them in and make them appear smaller. I do like to line inner rim (bottom) w/ white pencil if fair to med. skin tone and an off-white/beige pencil for darker skin. It makes eyes look larger and whites more white. 

Re: Tightlining causing infections. If you use a pencil, sharpen one turn each time. I use a gel liner and wash brush each time...no chance for bacteria. I only line under the lashes with a medium tone powder shadow...a very fine line and if there’s any darkness under the eye that concealer isn’t covering, I skip liner there. The idea is to not draw attention to it. 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs. Can you endure my lengthy responses?

Respected Contributor

No because it makes me look older, and that's the last thing I need.