Honored Contributor

Re: Dermarolling: I Have a professional consult tomorrow

@RedRose ,

I'm glad you found a successful routine. You're right, there's a lot of stuff out there that is so different from one way to another. As long as what you do works, then that's all that matters. Woman Happy

Frequent Visitor

Just wondering, do you use a roller or a stamp? Did you start with the shorter needles and procede to larger ones? Always enjoy your posts! I watch for the red lips and always know I am going to read something interesting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@flyingpig wrote:

Just wondering, do you use a roller or a stamp? Did you start with the shorter needles and procede to larger ones? Always enjoy your posts! I watch for the red lips and always know I am going to read something interesting. 

@flyingpig 

I started with professional treatments first, using varying size needles on different parts of the face and neck. Then after I learned how to do it myself, I now use both kinds... rollers and stamps with varying needle size, depending on the area of the face.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee  Went to the consult...they use the “Collagen P.I.N. instrument” which is a stamping method not a roller.  Based on your experience, this makes me nervous.  The procedure is done by an aesthetician not a doctor.  The medspa and aesthetician have great reviews online and they will put me “in touch” with actual clients who have done the Collagen P.I.N treatment after getting client consent.

Aesthetician said the entire regimen consists of 3 treatments, performed about 4 weeks apart.  Cost per session is $300 for pay as you go (total $900 for regimen) OR $800 total if I pay entire up front.

An thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@SilleeMee  Went to the consult...they use the “Collagen P.I.N. instrument” which is a stamping method not a roller.  Based on your experience, this makes me nervous.  The procedure is done by an aesthetician not a doctor.  The medspa and aesthetician have great reviews online and they will put me “in touch” with actual clients who have done the Collagen P.I.N treatment after getting client consent.

Aesthetician said the entire regimen consists of 3 treatments, performed about 4 weeks apart.  Cost per session is $300 for pay as you go (total $900 for regimen) OR $800 total if I pay entire up front.

An thoughts?

@MsCatLuver ,

The price is very reasonable, I think. Around here treatments cost closer to 400 per visit and they don't offer any discounts. I would definitely discuss your concerns with the other clients and see what they have experienced. Please don't let my testimonial scare you out of going to have it done. Everyone is different and you may not have any problems with it, other than some redness and slight swelling. But that should normally recede in a few days...just in time to be able to wear makeup and cover up the rest. If you decide to take the plunge, I think you will be very impressed with the results. Usually the best time to fully appreciate how good this kind of treatment works is after about a month when the collagen has fully formed and is visibly noticeable...smoother skin with firmness and tightening. It's the best thing!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee thanks for ALL of your advice and input on this thread!  

BTW, the aesthetician also does “Vampire facials/needling” using one’s own plasma.  I’m not good at having my blood drawn - so, unless this type of needling procedure is VASTLY SUPERIOR to “regular” dermaneedling/rolling I’m not doing it.  A nurse draws the blood and the aesthetician performs the treatment.