Super Contributor

Dermarolling: I Have a professional consult tomorrow

Hi ALL

After considering dermarolling treatments (from a professional) for building collagen: targeting fine lines and improving skin tone...I have a consult tomorrow.

Wondering, From those of you who have gotten this treatment done professionally, are you still happy with the results?  Were your skin treatment goals met?  What was your treatment regimen? TIA.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dermarolling: I Have a professional consult tomorrow

The very first treatment I had was done by a dermatologist. It was done with a special automatic stamping tool, pen-looking device that had adjustable needle lengths that would go up and down on the skin.  I had a lot of redness and it took forever to heal and it was very expensive. Never again.

After that I waited for a about six months to get another one done but that time it was with a rolling needle as well as a stamp type needle. The aesthetician used different size needles on the different areas on my face and neck. I had four treatments, one monthly, altogether with her and learned how to do them myself with her help.

The results have lasted years and I do six, one monthly, treatments myself and do them once yearly. Collagen stimulated by microneedling can last up to seven years. 

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee Thanks for your input...no dermaSTAMP for me.  I will be having consults with a few medspas in my area to make sure clinicians are experts in this procedure.  Unfortunately, I don ‘t know anyone in my area for a testimonial 

Honored Contributor

My years of experience with needling shows that you don't need to buy anything special for immediate post-treatment care. Avoid harsh cleansers and wait at least 48 hours before applying any makeup or sunscreen. If you use retinoids then you will need to stop application for three consecutive days before needling then resume retinoid application after three days post-treatment. Avoid acids for 48 hours post-treatment. 

My results include:

-disappearance of horizontal forehead lines

-reduction of undereye lines, looks smoother 

-firming of undereye skin, less saggy look

-reduction of lip lines above and below 

-softening of nasolabial lines

-firming of jowl areas

-pores have become greatly reduced in size, practically gone

-neck lines and crepiness have disappeared

-overall tightness and lift

I'm 63yo.

@MsCatLuver 

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

.......My results include:

-disappearance of horizontal forehead lines

-reduction of undereye lines, looks smoother 

-firming of undereye skin, less saggy look

-reduction of lip lines above and below 

-softening of nasolabial lines

-firming of jowl areas

-pores have become greatly reduced in size, practically gone

-neck lines and crepiness have disappeared

-overall tightness and lift

I'm 63yo.

@SilleeMee WOW...fantastic results!  I hope I have the same benefits.

Occasional Contributor

@SilleeMee I am also dermarolling and think I will see amazing results too! Would you share more information on what size needle you use to dermaroll and how often? Thank you!
Super Contributor

@SilleeMee BIG QUESTION: will dermarolling INTERFERE or “flatten out/breakdown” facial fat or derma fillers?  You may recall that I had a bad experience with fraxel laser breaking down my facial fat

Honored Contributor

@RedRose wrote:
@SilleeMeeI am also dermarolling and think I will see amazing results too! Would you share more information on what size needle you use to dermaroll and how often? Thank you!

@RedRose 

Yes, I think it's the best skin-changing thing I've ever done!Woman Very Happy

I use a 0.5 roller for most of my face. For the area around my lips and down to my chin I use a round stamp, not a roller, 1.0 size. For my neck I use a 1.0 rectangular stamp. For me the stamps are easier to manipulate and there's less chance of dragging which can cause tearing. For the lip and neck areas, I have to use a numbing cream...it's just too much for me to tolerate without it. Of course the cream has to be removed prior to needling but it works really well after that...TG!

I do my treatments only once a month for six consecutive months. Then I take a break for six months. 

What about you? What is your schedule?Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@SilleeMee BIG QUESTION: will dermarolling INTERFERE or “flatten out/breakdown” facial fat or derma fillers?  You may recall that I had a bad experience with fraxel laser breaking down my facial fat

@MsCatLuver ,

Needling will not interfere with either. However, it is not recommended to get Botox until two weeks post-needling and fillers have to wait until four weeks after needling. 

The reason why lasers cause facial fat loss is because lasers heat the skin and melt the fat away....not good, especially if you have thin skin anyway. This can happen, too, when lasers are not used properly with their appropriate settings. Experienced laser techs are the only people I trust with a laser.

Occasional Contributor

@SilleeMee Thank you for sharing your dermarolling schedule! Right now I am rolling with a .5 roller every other week with a 1.0 roller being added once a month on the areas I'm most concerned about. I'm also using a .25 roller once or twice a week. As I studied information on how often to roll, I found much of it to be conficting! I hope the schedule I'm on is a good one!