Super Contributor
On 1/10/2014 sueme said:

Fortheluv

I don't involve myself in catty bs but I had to address your nasty comment. All you had to do was ignore my post. I was looking for OPINIONS. Not someone to do all the work for me. And as for being dumb...since the shoe fits lace that b**ch up and own it...

The opinions are all over the place, sueme. It IS valuable to read of the experience and ticks of others, though. But I want to do what will deliver the best results, so for that I'm going to rely on research from the experts (which again, lyn from MI and BellaCarro have provided).

But a quick summary of what my current thinking/belief/understanding is: 1) A .05 delivers the best benefits - better than the longer sizes. 2) Only treat once monthly with the .05 as it takes that much time for the collagen production (which is our ultimate goal). 3) Do NOT put anything on your face after using the .05 that you wouldn't eat. Whatever you apply can go directly into your bloodstream. 4) To enhance the absorption and efficacy of all the good serums and creams we have, roll with a .02 or .03 a few times a week.

I think that about covers the basics. I hope Lyn or BellaCarro correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Contributor

Marenseattle

thank you for the information, that's exactly what I'm looking for

much appreciated

Super Contributor
On 1/10/2014 sueme said:

Fortheluv

I don't involve myself in catty bs but I had to address your nasty comment. All you had to do was ignore my post. I was looking for OPINIONS. Not someone to do all the work for me. And as for being dumb...since the shoe fits lace that b**ch up and own it...

You have every right to ask a question and start a new thread. Ignore the snarkiness of that poster. She slammed me on my original post once too...and other people. She has no right to call people names and speak to anyone like that. Maybe she should be reported..or put on ignore, which I intend to do. I hope you continue to feel free to ask questions without being slammed.

Moderators...where are you? This is bulllying.

Respected Contributor
On 1/10/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 1/10/2014 sueme said:

Fortheluv

The opinions are all over the place, sueme. It IS valuable to read of the experience and ticks of others, though. But I want to do what will deliver the best results, so for that I'm going to rely on research from the experts (which again, lyn from MI and BellaCarro have provided).

But a quick summary of what my current thinking/belief/understanding is: 1) A .05 delivers the best benefits - better than the longer sizes. 2) Only treat once monthly with the .05 as it takes that much time for the collagen production (which is our ultimate goal). 3) Do NOT put anything on your face after using the .05 that you wouldn't eat. Whatever you apply can go directly into your bloodstream. 4) To enhance the absorption and efficacy of all the good serums and creams we have, roll with a .02 or .03 a few times a week.

I think that about covers the basics. I hope Lyn or BellaCarro correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

I would add to be careful of what you use even when rolling with a .02/.03. For me, I will not use anything with any fragrance, preservatives, silicones, or parabens. On nights I roll for product absorption it will consist of either NCN copper peptide serum, NCN vit C serum, or a yet to be decided upon green tea concoction probably followed by RHSO or argan oil. You probably want to only do this procedure in the evening so that you can wear SPF (you probably already do) during the day. This will increase sun sensitivity. Of course, your face will be very red, too. I'll probably think of someone else later!Smiley Happy
Super Contributor
Trusted Contributor
On 1/10/2014 BellaCarro said:

I would add to be careful of what you use even when rolling with a .02/.03. For me, I will not use anything with any fragrance, preservatives, silicones, or parabens. On nights I roll for product absorption it will consist of either NCN copper peptide serum, NCN vit C serum, or a yet to be decided upon green tea concoction probably followed by RHSO or argan oil. You probably want to only do this procedure in the evening so that you can wear SPF (you probably already do) during the day. This will increase sun sensitivity. Of course, your face will be very red, too. I'll probably think of someone else later!Smiley Happy

I agree wholeheartedly with BellaCarro. I have read warnings about the danger of applying ANY product housed in a jar within 12 - 14 hours of rolling with the shortest needle 0.2mm). It is best to only apply a skin care product housed in an airless (air tight) container, and I've also read to avoid applying any make-up during this time.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

I know I have read most of the threads that originated this week about DR which, by now, contain copious amounts of great information. There may have been some additional posts that I did not see as I have not checked those threads since Thursday.

Hence my question - has there been any determination about additional high quality green tea serums that might be available for use after rolling? I recall that White Lotus has their green tea oil serum that's very good but know that supplies of that were getting quite low. I would think they will re-stock but until that occurs, does anyone have any additional recommendations?

I know using a good C serum is also an option but, for some reason, I was leaning towards a green tea product to use right after rolling.

Thanks to all you kind and generous ladies who share so much of your time and knowledge with the rest of us.

Respected Contributor
On 1/11/2014 wackers said:

Hence my question - has there been any determination about additional high quality green tea serums that might be available for use after rolling? I recall that White Lotus has their green tea oil serum that's very good but know that supplies of that were getting quite low. I would think they will re-stock but until that occurs, does anyone have any additional recommendations?

I know using a good C serum is also an option but, for some reason, I was leaning towards a green tea product to use right after rolling.

Still working on that myself. I know lyn found one but I want one with camelia sinensis. I'll share if I find one.

Trusted Contributor

BellaCarro ........ I'll do some searching myself, keeping in mind that you would prefer one to contain camellia sinensis. I am honestly not that apprised of how many green tea serums there are available in the skincare world. Vit C serums we can find everywhere but can't say I've run across too many green tea serums.

I believe that Lyn settled on the White Lotus green tea oil serum, if I remember correctly. I know she mentioned it in that first very lengthy thread on rolling and thought she said she ordered it.

Hopefully, we'll come across more options~ Thanks ~