Respected Contributor
👍
Contributor

What do you think this forum is for?  People are asking for tips and advice.  Maybe you need to have a glass of wine and relax!!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I'll admit it.  I frequently come here for answers or opinions so I don't have to do the research work.  But as far as derma rolling goes, deliberately putting holes into my skin for infection to enter just doesn't make any sense.  I'll stick with my creams and potions, thank you. 

Honored Contributor

I used a derma  roller a few years ago.....just slowly quit using it. I might pull it out and try using it  again. 

Honored Contributor

I am a roller. It's not for everyone. Rolling is a serious skin care procedure and must not be taken lightly. From preparing your skin, to rolling and after-care...all steps are seriously important. If youv'e never done this, please search for and read a book written by a professional to show you how. Don't rely on customer reviews or comments. Everyone has different skin issues and you could damage your skin and possibly lead to more problematic conditions. I'm not trying to be scary. I just hate to read the bad stories about what happens when you don't do it right.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I'll admit it.  I frequently come here for answers or opinions so I don't have to do the research work.  But as far as derma rolling goes, deliberately putting holes into my skin for infection to enter just doesn't make any sense.  I'll stick with my creams and potions, thank you. 

My feelings exactly, @depglass

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Tried this too, and my personal opinion is this is really only effective long term for specific skin issues and the best way to get long lasting results is to have a dermatologist or esthetician do the treatments. For general antiaging benefits I found it did not deliver real results-just irritated the skin which temporarily "plumped" or swelled it. wasn't impressed for the money and found the needles dulled quickly. You need to use very sharp needles or it may drag. My research indicated the rollers should be replaced frequently. I 've other devices that I think work better for me. Good luck with your experimenting!