Contributor

Re: Days in between cleansing

On 10/23/2014 KatShops said:

Like when you shampoo, you are stripping your scalp of the oil it has produced so it has to work double time to produce more. When you stop stripping it (like wash less, condition instead of shampoo) it does not have to work as hard, and will even out like you said above. I have never had the guts to stop stripping it , give it a time out and let it do its thing. But yes, I have featherweight tangle-free hair right now - I want it to last!

Now that you are using Wen instead of a shampoo, you aren't stripping your hair and scalp when you wash it.

It will take time for your scalp to adjust to not having the natural oils stripped out of it when you wash it, so you will find initially that your scalp will still over-produce oil. This will naturally slow down though as you continue to use Wen, just give it some time Smile

I would recommend cleansing daily until you notice that you don't need to and you can go an extra day between cleanses. For me, it took just a few weeks, but when I was using shampoo I washed my hair every other day, not daily. When I started using Wen I cleansed daily for the first week or so and by the start of week 3 I found that I could cleanse every other day. I've been using Wen for just over a year and now I only need to cleanse my hair every 3 days and sometimes I can go 4 days.

As others have said, using the oil treatments over night will help you as well (particularly the Tea Tree oil), but your hair and scalp will still take a little time to adjust to not being stripped of the natural oils when you cleanse it.

Welcome to Wen, I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us here do {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

Re: Days in between cleansing

I wish chaz would make a dry shampoo!!!