Trusted Contributor

DYSON AIR 'WRAPPERS'- Newbies & Experienced!

Fellow Wrappers, Cat LOL feels like we should have a special song...

To everyone, experienced and newly buying, that commented on my previous Airwrap post...

I'm loving it!  My hair out of the shower is spiral curls, which I love, but I also love a smoother look.  When I did blow dry, it was never stick straight.

I haven't blown partially dry yet, I just mist a few sections to freshen the style.  I immediately noticed a beautiful shine that the rest of my non-dyson hair didn't have, BIG GRINCat Happy

so far, I've tried the round and bonus brushes (I forgot what it's called)  I also wanted to see if using it on already dry hair would work, it did!  

?'s

How well does the dryer fully blow dry- if I want to use it just for that at times? Or is this dryer not as powerful as the regular?

Any tips for a newbie?

I know there are other tools that have interchangeable pieces, I've tried them.  They've never worked well for me, but I have friends still using them, and they're decades old, the tools, not the friends....but they're also decades old too!  

So I cleaned out my cabinets, storage bins, closets- there were 22 hair tools, some 8 years old!  I'm only including our (me and daughters') current tools in the $ total of what we have been using over the years

= over $1000.  That's ridiculousCat SurprisedCat MadCat Embarassed Some items cost $100, most were $30-50.

I wish I had Airwrap years ago. I bought the Complete, it has everything, at least for me, but the other 2 sets were great.  I was choosing between complete and one of the others. The complete had 2 sizes of barrels, so I decided to go with that in case I ened up wanting 2 sizes.  

I LOVE I can use one arm for everything. It's tough holding both arms up, contorting this way and that. 

I gave that up years ago because I couldn't do the dual arm thing, or drying  for a long time.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds having to use 2 arms difficult. ( I had a stroke when I was 52, I can use my arm, but it left my right arm weaker, and also have autoimmune diseases- causing vascular issues in both arms)

Blow drying is a simple act for most people. I wanted my hair to look and act a certain way, but had to give that up. For me, and other's, I'm sure, it's turned into a painful and frustrating ordeal.  

This was made for people like me! 

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

Re: DYSON AIR 'WRAPPERS'- Newbies & Experienced!

OMGosh! this is soooo long, sorryCat Surprised

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Use mine for the first time yestrrday and i like it and it is going to be a bit of a learning curve, I can alrady think of several peices I can get rid or and maybe sell my Dyson hair dryer on e bay

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@skittles2 @It sounds so great!  I don't have enough or long enough hair to justify it, but I was really interested.  Glad it's working out so well for you!

Respected Contributor

I considered getting it on the Sephora sale but I didn't know if it was only for putting curl in your hair. I have naturally curly hair - like the OP said, mine also naturally hangs in spiral curls. I love it when my stylist straightens it. I can't seem to get it as straight and silky myself. I already have the Dyson hair dryer. Is the air wrap mainly for doing the beach wave look or would this also work for straight styles?  My hair is below my shoulders, if that matters. 

Occasional Contributor

I love mine so much!  I ordered mine the day they came out last year and have used it 3 times a week since then.  I have fine hair that hangs to my mid back.  

Since I have started using it, the overall health of my hair has improved.  Prior to owning it, I blew out my hair and curled it every other day.  I had been growing out my hair for a couple of years and kind of got stuck just past my shoulders.  It's grown out so much this year and my hairdresser noticed how healthy my hair has become. I feel like I use less heat using this device and I have only used a curling iron twice in the past year. 

After I shampoo and condition my hair, I usually let it air dry as much as possible.  After that, I use a dryer to get my hair about 80-90% dry.  Once it is dry enought, I go in with the 1.6 inch barrels.  I section my hair into two layers-top and bottom.  I curl the bottom first and then the top layer.  I usually just let my curls sit and once they start to relax, I finger comb through them.  My curls are loose and wavy and last 2-3 days.  

I saw that Dyson is also coming out with longer barrels, but they are 1.2 inch.  If they come out with longer barrels in the 1.6 inch size, I am all over them.  

The price is something that bothered me at first.  It REALLY bothered me and I wanted to hate it, but alas....it's been so great. I think my hair is my favorite feature and it's something that I can control, if that makes sense.  I look like I have gone for a blow out each time I use it.  I get tons of compliments on it too. 

Three important pieces of advice for all of you new owners:

1.  Try it a few times before you give up.  I watched and still watch Youtube videos about the airwrap.  

2.  Pay attention to your filter.  A white light will blink to tell you to clean it.  At one point, I forgot how important this was and suddenly, the sound during use changed slightly and it seemed like it wasn't getting as warm as usual.  I gave it a thorough cleaning and it was back to business.  Watch the videos on youtube put out by Dyson to see how to properly remove it and clean it.  I also purchased a very soft bristled  toothbrush to help clean it as well.  

3.  Watch videos to see how to properly curl your hair with the barrels if that's your desired look.  I watch people on youtube who try to wrap the hair around the barrel.  You don't have to do this.  Hold your hair in the middle of the section you want to curl.  Then hold the wand near your chosen section of hair.  It will latch on and wrap.  

I hope that everyone enjoys their purchase!

Lisa