Honored Contributor

I just used it for the first time and well I am not impressed, I could not get the hang of the curling tool, I do like the attachements, not sure I am going to keep it. Comments please from thise who love it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I love mine, but mostly because of the dryer and brush attachments.  It dries my hair so much faster and my hair is so much smoother than I've ever got with an expensive blow dryer and a brush. 

I haven't used the roller attachments too much.  I find they're easy to work with, however, the curl doesn't stay.  However, I think it's because I have only tried them on dry hair and not on damp hair as you're supposed to.  I keep meaning to try them before my hair is dry, but usually I'm drying my hair before leaving for work and never seem to have enough time to experiment.

Have you checked out any YouTube tutorials?  I know some of the hair YouTube people I occasionally watch have had some good ones.  I know some had tips on using it.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

Thanks and I have my hair is not very long so I will have to wait to use the curler and one review I looked at was not really favorable at all

@lkat wrote:

I love mine, but mostly because of the dryer and brush attachments.  It dries my hair so much faster and my hair is so much smoother than I've ever got with an expensive blow dryer and a brush. 

I haven't used the roller attachments too much.  I find they're easy to work with, however, the curl doesn't stay.  However, I think it's because I have only tried them on dry hair and not on damp hair as you're supposed to.  I keep meaning to try them before my hair is dry, but usually I'm drying my hair before leaving for work and never seem to have enough time to experiment.

Have you checked out any YouTube tutorials?  I know some of the hair YouTube people I occasionally watch have had some good ones.  I know some had tips on using it.

Good luck!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I know I recently saw Angie from Hot & Flashy say that she has a lot better luck with the curling attachments now that her hair is longer.  My hair is a few inches past shoulder length.  It grabs onto the hair well and curls it, but after a few minutes, the curls are just loose waves.  I assume that's because my hair is dry.

To me it's worth it because of the drying time and the brush attachments, but if I had bought it mostly for the curling, I think I would be disappointed.  It's just so much easier to curl hair when it's dry.  Hard to find that sweet spot for curling when your hair is not too wet and not too dry, especially if you're in a hurry.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Youtuber Nadine Baggott did a thorough review of the Dyson Airwrap styler when it first came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_R0zm7L5DM

DYSON AIRWRAP REVIEW - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - Nadine Baggott

Try also looking at youtuber Milabu's hair tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkL-XcS48A

Dyson Airwrap vs Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer | Milabu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGujgxLhto4

Dyson Airwrap Curls On Short Hair | Milabu

Trusted Contributor

Milabu has great hair videos.  She tries out a ton of tools and her reviews are usually very thorough.  She also gives good tips, definitely worth watching.

Honored Contributor

@TY 

Thanks right now my hair is shorter than hers, I need anothr 6-8 weeks to get it to her length

@TY wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Youtuber Nadine Baggott did a thorough review of the Dyson Airwrap styler when it first came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_R0zm7L5DM

DYSON AIRWRAP REVIEW - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - Nadine Baggott

Try also looking at youtuber Milabu's hair tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkL-XcS48A

Dyson Airwrap vs Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer | Milabu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGujgxLhto4

Dyson Airwrap Curls On Short Hair | Milabu

Respected Contributor

The hosts seemed to struggle as well.  I never did see any decent curls when they demoed it.

Esteemed Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I know I recently saw Angie from Hot & Flashy say that she has a lot better luck with the curling attachments now that her hair is longer.  My hair is a few inches past shoulder length.  It grabs onto the hair well and curls it, but after a few minutes, the curls are just loose waves.  I assume that's because my hair is dry.

To me it's worth it because of the drying time and the brush attachments, but if I had bought it mostly for the curling, I think I would be disappointed.  It's just so much easier to curl hair when it's dry.  Hard to find that sweet spot for curling when your hair is not too wet and not too dry, especially if you're in a hurry.

I've seen two videos about it from Hot & Flashy.  The first one seemed like she was saying it was too expensive for what it is.  She still used her beach waver along with it to get the look she wanted.  In the second video, it seemed she liked it more that she did in the first one.

In all the YouTube video demonstrations I've seen, people said there are pieces in the kit that they don't even use.  A lot say they use another device to curl their hair.  I wonder if they will come out with other configurations later.  I'm on the fence about this and appreciate all the posts from those who use it.

Respected Contributor

I love mine!😍I get a headful of bouncy curls that last for three days. My husband was impressed, too! I love my Dyson!❤️