Super Contributor

Re: DERMAFLASH - Any Experienced Users Out There?

My sister-in-law has been expertly trained to perform dermaplaning. She works in a dermatologists's office. She lives out of town and has done dermaplaning on me when I'm in town. Her little secret: she told me to order the Shiseido disposable razors from Amazon to use between her treatments. They basically do the exact same thing at a fraction of the cost. For me, they are easy to use and the results are indeed the same....they remove the fuzz and exfoliate.
Honored Contributor

I  think for just pennies you can do what I do... use a store brand or whatever plastic razor that you would use to shave legs and arms etc... I  use it on a dry face about once a week.  Same thing for cheap..

this expensive toy vibrates but that is not doing anything... and they want you to throw out the razor after each use?  What a gimmick!

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I've no experience with it, but I'm wondering why you can't reuse the blade if you clean it properly to remove the dead skin cells, etc.  It's too expensive if you have to keep buying refills.

just a bit of rubbing alohol will do the job.

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
My sister-in-law has been expertly trained to perform dermaplaning. She works in a dermatologists's office. She lives out of town and has done dermaplaning on me when I'm in town. Her little secret: she told me to order the Shiseido disposable razors from Amazon to use between her treatments. They basically do the exact same thing at a fraction of the cost. For me, they are easy to use and the results are indeed the same....they remove the fuzz and exfoliate.

@StillRachB  cheap throwaway bic shavers do the same thing.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@StillRachB wrote:

@StillRachB  cheap throwaway bic shavers do the same thing
@SeaMaiden I’ve been using the pkgs. of 3 razors  from Amazon as well. If the idea is gently, safely removing the top layer of dead cells while taking away the peach fuzz, they do the trick for much less money. 
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@StillRachB wrote:

@StillRachB  cheap throwaway bic shavers do the same thing
@SeaMaiden I’ve been using the pkgs. of 3 razors  from Amazon as well. If the idea is gently, safely removing the top layer of dead cells while taking away the peach fuzz, they do the trick for much less money. 

***Oh, the included cleansers, etc. are unnecessary, too.