Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 12/29/17

The NEW YEAR is almost here!  Wishing all you excellent health, prosperity and more love in 2018 oh, and great makeup and skincare.  On the last minute I purchased:

Holiday Set by philosophy - Renewed Hope in a Jar 2 oz.; Night time Hope 1 oz. and Renewed Eye cream.  Purchased from Nordstrom for a STEAL!  I really like the the Renewed Hope as I have been given samples.  Never tried the night time or eye cream.

How about you?  Did you find any after Christmas bargains for yourself or others?  Stay Pretty, Beauties.  Cat Very HappyCat Wink

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 12/29/17

Best of health and happiness to all for the New Year and yes I got the best beauty deal of all today. I went to Ulta to purchase a jar of First Aid beauty Facial Radiance pads (great exfoliator and also sold @ QVC)  and discovered I had so many points I was able to get it FREE. Now that's a great beauty deal  !!

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes That’s so funny, I also got something for free at Ulta. I bought Meaningful Beauty Skin Softening Cleanser and was happy that I had enough points so there was no charge. By the way, this is an excellent product.

Respected Contributor

I got some gift cards to Sephora and last night one of the Weekly Wow was the Anastasia BH Subculture palette for $33.  I also used a code and got another 20% off which took it down to $26 so I ordered it. 

I also bought the new Maybelline Temptation Mascara, but I haven’t opened it. I have a couple mascaras I want to get through. 

I have used used my new WetnWild eyeshadow palette in Rose in the Air and it’s good! Love it! 

I think thats it for it for this week. Have a blessed weekend and Happy New Year!! ❤️

Honored Contributor

Huda Obsessions smokey palette. I've been loving these so much I broke down and  bought the smokey to go with my electric and mauve palettes. It's so pretty. The silver is a gorgeous metallic and the black blends perfectly for use in the crease. 

I also picked up the Lancome 500 point reward with the purple and black pencil, eye cream and mascara. 

huda-beauty_smokey_002_palette.jpg

Hudasmokey.jpeg

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Where is everyone?  With all the after Christmas sales, I would think we would have heard from more people.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I ordered Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Vinyl Trio and it is a gloss/lipstick that actually has great staying power.  It was a holiday special on their website with 15-20% off. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since it's been a bit chilly outside, my skin has been a bit dry and flaky so I bought some new moisturizers. Cerave moisturizing cream for normal to dry skin - a tube size sold in Canada in white and blue tube; a Cerave skin renewing cream serum - I think it's new to Canada but has been sold in the U.S. for a while. This is a night moisturizer as it causes the daytime Ombrelle sunscreen I use to pill up so it's not a good day moisturizer for me. The tube is white and purple. Lastly, a new L'oreal colour riche shine lipstick gloss in shade 928 gleaming plum. The case is see through clear plastic. It has a very slight vanilla scent.

Respected Contributor

We are exeriencing severe cold right now.  It's the coldest it's been for years and years. Even with a humidifier going, my hands are really, really dry.  I ordered Skinn's Hand Restore, but it has not arrived, yet.  It's so expensive, that I plan to use it only at night.  After reading recent hand lotion threads, I bought some O'Keefe's Working Hands, and I love it!  It's not greasy and absorbs fast, so I can put it on after handwashing, and within seconds, I can touch anything even my iPad without leaving a greasy residue anywhere.  My hands feel and look really good after using it, too.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg    It's a heat wave right now 11 degrees but tonight -7 below.  Colder tomorrow.  I know that Burt's Bees has some really good dry hand products and are reasonably priced.  

kindness is strength