Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cutting your own layers ~ quick tutorial

@haddon9 wrote:

Fascinating video!  I'm too afraid of doing my own hair though.  I'm sure I would mess things up.

I would trust myself before I'd trust a hairdresser - I learned the hard way!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Fascinating video!  I'm too afraid of doing my own hair though.  I'm sure I would mess things up.

@haddon9

I agree.  There is no way I'd be brave enough to cut my own hair.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@haddon9

I agree.  There is no way I'd be brave enough to cut my own hair.

I can only imagine what I'd look like.  It wouldn't be pretty, I'm sure of that.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I would trust myself before I'd trust a hairdresser - I learned the hard way!  Woman Surprised

Well that depends...but yes I've had some really bad haircuts...or cuts that weren't so bad but on a different face!

Respected Contributor

I cut my hair like this in 1971; it came out looking like Paris Jackson's blonde bob, except mine was auburn/mahogany. It was very cute, but I'm too chicken to even dream about doing it now.

Respected Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

That's what my hair looks like but I use a Creaclip. Good to know I don't really need one if something happens to it.

I also have the Creaclip but I find it hard to get  the bubble  in the middle. For me it's not as easy as it looks. 

Super Contributor

I have the Creacllip and use it on myself and my daughter. It definitely took a bit before I was brave enough to start cutting, so I started with just using it to trim. And I know that what I do can't be compared to a talented hair stylist, but it works for me. Plus it saves me some money to spend on the Q Smiley Very Happy

I've used it for layers, which is very simple. You literally just hang your head upside down and slide the Creaclip through. It's trickier for a blunt cut, but I've managed to do it. 

Where I find it really shines is trimming my daughter's unruly hair. It really helps hold the hair while I trim; thereby, avoiding poking her with pointy scissers. Seven year olds aren't very understanding about stuff like that!

Respected Contributor

I have had cuts that I had to go to another salon to have them fixed.  We were staying in Tennesse and I went to a salon and when I came out my husband said "Your bald spots are showing."  He never says anything about my hair good or bad.  I  did not have any bald spots before I went in.  I could not even get that one straightened out by another hairdresser so I just had to tough it out till it grew.   When I find a hairdresser and try to stick with her, she leaves or I leave or somthing happens. 

Valued Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

@Tsukiko wrote:

That's what my hair looks like but I use a Creaclip. Good to know I don't really need one if something happens to it.

I also have the Creaclip but I find it hard to get  the bubble  in the middle. For me it's not as easy as it looks. 

@cuddlesmama I don't even bother with that. I just eyeball it in the mirror and it turns out well.